Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton players who could head a ball

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Can't remember his name but I think he was Nigerian, on loan from a Prem team, his work permit ran out, played away at Barnet the day it really rained and I seem to remember his defensive headers reaching the half way line. Anyone know who I'm on about?

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Can't remember his name but I think he was Nigerian, on loan from a Prem team, his work permit ran out, played away at Barnet the day it really rained and I seem to remember his defensive headers reaching the half way line. Anyone know who I'm on about?

Emeka Ifejiagwa

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Certainly Alex Dawson but do you remember Bert Adinall? That was ball, goalie [in those days!], and anyone else in the way! Totally fearless. In the same period of time we had a cracking centre half, Alex South who was also pretty useful with his head.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I think maybe the problem has been that for the majority of last season, our corners were shite. This obviously improved when Vicente came into the side, and I do remember a few goals from free kicks/corners after that point - Vokes v Forest, Calde v Middlesbrough, CMS v Leeds etc. So if he stays, hopefully we will see more next season.

ctt111

Sep 22, 2011
Leon Knight scored quite a few goals with his head, first four for us were i believe. Got to be down to having a player with a good delivery, at that time Watson was playing (Zamora said he had a better delivery than another player he has played with). Last season we had Bennett, who was a big reason Murray scored so many.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Virgo, in the last minute of added on time.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I quite enjoyed the moment away at Birmingham when 5'7" Liam Bridcutt out-jumped 6'7" Zigic for a header.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Can't believe it took 26 posts before someone mentioned Cullip. He was great in the air.

Going back a bit further Kieth Dublin.

He was good at winning and heading the ball back up into the air but never got any distance on it as Foster or El Abd or even Elphick does
very similar to what Greer and Dunk do now on the majority of occasions.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Liam Dickinson.

What?

Seriously though, El Abd is phenomenal with clearance type headers. Murray was by a LONG way our best attacking and defensive headerer of the ball til he went.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here