Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton or Millwall?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Brighton or Millwall?

paulie said:
Are you going to enlighten us then?

history lesson?

(things must be slow to be doing this... I was going to say it never gets boring but I think I've changed my mind as I'm typing...)

so, briefly...

Exhibit One: A list showing the sheer volume of league games played between Brighton and Palace.

Exhibit Two: A summary of the results of said fixtures.

Edit: oh, and if you must...

Exhibit Three: Home and Away attendance stats for all such fixtures

Last edited:

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Brighton or Millwall?

Moshe Gariani said:
history lesson?

(things must be slow to be doing this... I was going to say it never gets boring but I think I've changed my mind as I'm typing...)

so, briefly...

Exhibit One: A list showing the sheer volume of league games played between Brighton and Palace.

But what about recent history Moshe? You were better than us in 1933? who gives one? Over the last 21 years you have been in the same division as us TWICE, end of.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Brighton or Millwall?

AJ's Love Monkey said:
But what about recent history Moshe? You were better than us in 1933? who gives one?
enough :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

I "give one" about the true status of the rivalry between our clubs and (as you would expect) choose not to be overly influenced by the recent past which does not fairly reflect the bigger picture...

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Brighton or Millwall?

AJ's Love Monkey said:
But what about recent history Moshe? You were better than us in 1933? who gives one? Over the last 21 years you have been in the same division as us TWICE, end of.

...and we know why we have only been in the same division twice. Something of a financial aspect. Not making excuses, just providing some reasoning. If you want to compare both clubs, then you must look at all the factors.

End of.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Brighton or Millwall?

BarrelofFun said:
...and we know why we have only been in the same division twice. Something of a financial aspect. Not making excuses, just providing some reasoning. If you want to compare both clubs, then you must look at all the factors.

End of.

You can look at what you like, Highest Attendance, most seasons in the top flight, highest transfer fee received and paid the list is endless and guess what Brighton come out second best EVERY time. End of :wave:

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Brighton or Millwall?

Moshe Gariani said:
history lesson?

so, briefly...

Edit: oh, and if you must...

Exhibit Three: Home and Away attendance stats for all such fixtures

Christ - you really are desperately looking around for positives aren't you?

We are nothing special but I don't see how you can call US a non-entity when we've been on top for 21 years.

The only other rivalry I can think of with one team higher than the other for 21 years is Man United/City and Utd were actually only one place above City in 89/90.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Brighton or Millwall?

AJ's Love Monkey said:
You can look at what you like, Highest Attendance, most seasons in the top flight, highest transfer fee received and paid the list is endless and guess what Brighton come out second best EVERY time. End of :wave:

Palace are a second rate league club. Start of
:p

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Brighton or Millwall?

AJ's Love Monkey said:

I am not discounting that. Seasons in the top flight, transfer fees and attendances are bound to be affected by an adverse financial position.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

AJ's Love Monkey said:
You can look at what you like
thanks for that... in which case I'll continue to focus on the results of matches played between the two clubs and attendance figures given comparable circumstances (i.e. a reasonable gauge of "fanbase"...)

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Brighton or Millwall?

Moshe Gariani said:
thanks for that... in which case I'll continue to focus on the results of matches played between the two clubs and attendance figures given comparable circumstances (i.e. a reasonable gauge of "fanbase"...)

:lolol: :thud:

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Brighton or Millwall?

Moshe Gariani said:

Times change Moshe Palace in 1979 averaged 40,000 under Venables but even if we were top of the Premiership now would struggle to average that figure. You have been in the football wilderness for over 10 years, your up and coming support in that time support someone else fella, sad but true. Brighton couldnt get 8,000 on Saturday against Southampton when a win would have put you in with a fair shout of surviving. Speaks volumes fella

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Look on the briight side. Either palace fail to go up in the playoffs, or come straight back down beating Sunderlands low point total in revenge for losing the low point total to sunderland.

Its just a matter of when a good laugh is comming not if.:clap2:

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
looney said:
Look on the briight side. Either palace fail to go up in the playoffs, or come straight back down beating Sunderlands low point total in revenge for losing the low point total to sunderland.

Yeah you can enjoy that while playing Scunthorpe eh Looney? :lolol: :wave:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Well be enjoying our third consecutive promotion from that division while you could be enjoying your third consecutive relegation form the top flight.

Or maybe another play off Leicester moment, that would be good.:lolol: :lolol:

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
looney said:

I remember you saying we wouldn't win a single game last time, and we took it to the last game.

The good laugh is hearing your result each week. Six wins all season. What an absolute disgrace.

McGoo in!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Brighton or Millwall?

assuming we had a ground big enough, and that it took a few years to get there, I think we would average 40,000 at the top of the Premiership...

:D

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Brighton or Millwall?

AJ's Love Monkey said:
Times change Moshe Palace in 1979 averaged 40,000 under Venables but even if we were top of the Premiership now would struggle to average that figure. You have been in the football wilderness for over 10 years, your up and coming support in that time support someone else fella, sad but true. Brighton couldnt get 8,000 on Saturday against Southampton when a win would have put you in with a fair shout of surviving. Speaks volumes fella

That is so not fair. The only reason that there was 800 odd empty seats was that the road from Seaford was blocked and the 'Massive could not attend.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Brighton or Millwall?

Moshe Gariani said:
assuming we had a ground big enough, and that it took a few years to get there, I think we would average 40,000 at the top of the Premiership...

:D

:jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here