Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Brighton Marathon heading for Administration

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Don't worry, B&H City Council will get them to promise to pay, no fingers crossed. Indeed, B&HCC will even give them the money to pay the winners and the council. The event will go ahead next year and then they go bust owing the council and the runners. i360 get away with it so why not everyone else?
Ah, the council love running up a debt.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
'Events' had it very bad, broadly speaking they were one of the first to be locked down and last to be opened up.
Tell me still struggling despite having now raised £537k for good causes

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
How much has the city lost through that pole that goes up and down?

I'm not a runner, but I'd rather keep the marathon going than that i360 nonsense.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Just adding a bit of detail here but the ‘deadline’ for buying one’s place in the marathon was Monday. Into admin on Tuesday. Lovely.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
No disrespect to Neneh Cerry and Yousou's subject matter but I can't stop singing this.

"Seven seconds away
Just as long as I stay
I'll be waiting
It's not a second
Seven seconds away
Just as long as I stay
I'll be waiting
I'll be waiting..."
Yep. Literally the only good thing was beating you :moo:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Is Brighton going to be the runner-up prize for people who didn't get into the London Marathon?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Is Brighton going to be the runner-up prize for people who didn't get into the London Marathon?
…….the irony is it was set up in the first place partly to catch everyone who didn’t get in to London. I had a call with Tim Hutchings at the time (ie before the first one). The marketing of places etc was carefully timed around London rejection letters and stuff like that

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Going to be? That was a major part of the business model from the start!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Going to be? That was a major part of the business model from the start!
Oh, I knew that. I just assume it will be more official now. "Sorry, you didn't make London but here's a nice marathon by the sea you can run instead"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here