Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton make move to sign Giannis Konstantelias...

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Apparently back in the day Cyprus had huge great white sharks around it; but this was more the med in general rather than a Cyprus thing exclusively.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Apparently back in the day Cyprus had huge great white sharks around it; but this was more the med in general rather than a Cyprus thing exclusively.
They are still there.

However, I suspect the likes of the Romans and ancient Greeks hunted them almost to extinction in that sea.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
However, I suspect the likes of the Romans and ancient Greeks hunted them almost to extinction in that sea.
Seriously? I don't think sharks were caught/killed in large numbers in ancient times, with men on crap sail boats. I think it's only the last hundred years where large numbers of powered fishing boats have had a dramatic affect on numbers.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
They are still there.

Interesting you mention that, some of the earliest depictions of shark attacks were on Greek and Roman bowls. Unfortunately nothing Cypriot that I’m aware off.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Mediterranean Great Whites are a classic example of Britain knows best and doesn't need any foreign wisdom. After a British tourist was attacked by a Great White in the med an investigation was baffled, surely not as there isn't any there. After several years of research someone stumbled upon some French research - this revealed the med is a major feeding ground for them and has been well known for ever.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Fukken pathetic isn't it?
1704573472170.png

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Aside from the geopolitics, is there any reliable confirmation that we’re in for the fella?
Lots of other interest - has been since last January at least

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I think I had more followers than this guys 298 before I left Twitter, so not really a rock solid source.
Source for what? - it’s hardly breaking news that we are interested and so are other clubs - he’s been on the radar for top clubs for months

Same source as this 🙂

Ike and Tina Burner

Mar 22, 2019
Source for what? - it’s hardly breaking news that we are interested and so are other clubs - he’s been on the radar for top clubs for months

Same source as this 🙂

He meant the Greek source that was quoted not Brighton bubble.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Thought the hive mind of NSC would have slipped into fish puns with all this shark talk. I was worried we had been Skate-ing on thin ice given the political talk.

Also sharks are fish not mammals before that tangent begins.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Thought the hive mind of NSC would have slipped into fish puns with all this shark talk. I was worried we had been Skate-ing on thin ice given the political talk.

Also sharks are fish not mammals before that tangent begins.
A Great White offered to lend me money once. It was a loan Shark

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here