Brighton Leeds atmosphere

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
Have got to say that the atmosphere at the Leeds game was one of the best I have ever witnessed at a Brighton match especially the second half. And yes I have been to alot of games. I personally think that Tuesdays game is probably going to beat that anyone else think the same or have a different view.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Sounded absolutely amazing on the tv (dodgy internet feed)!!!

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
My only problem, personally, is that after giving it LOADS of welly on Wednesday and Friday, my voice is currently a CROAK. Probably bellowed far too much on Friday, so am nursing it with a little honey, ginger and lemon to get it back to full capacity by Tuesday. :albion:

Anyone else been a touch HOARSE since Friday? [no Sandaza joke intended]

spig100963

Mar 18, 2011
My only problem, personally, is that after giving it LOADS of welly on Wednesday and Friday, my voice is currently a CROAK. Probably bellowed far too much on Friday, so am nursing it with a little honey, ginger and lemon to get it back to full capacity by Tuesday. :albion:

Proper sore. Glad its not just me.

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
I havent been able to talk for 2 days. Thats why I posted this I don't think my voice can handle anymore, but am gonna give it a dam good go on Tues.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I havent been able to talk for 2 days. Thats why I posted this I don't think my voice can handle anymore, but am gonna give it a dam good go on Tues.

I lost my voice after a game at Sheff Utd a few years back, took until around Wednesday before I was capable of anything more than a passable frog impression...many people thought that a good thing!

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Got the sodding flu, feel like shit but will be there tuesday and give it my best.
Sorry if i pass it on to anyone(BHA), but not missing this one for anything!!!

simon swagbag

Jul 8, 2003
Eastbourne
I've followed the Albion since the mid-late '80s & cannot remember an atmosphere at a home league game that matched last Friday.
Four sides of the ground making noise for almost the entire game.
I loved the Goldstone & was worried Falmer wouldn't match it for atmosphere. I needn't have worried.
We've got a little group near the front in the East & we join in with everything the North start up. We just need more around us to join in but it's hard work.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield

Yes my voice is still very croaky at the moment, thats 3 times already this season that ive damaged my vocal chords slightly, cant be healthy, its a long season and its only gonna get more exciting still!

LS10

Nov 16, 2009
Evening Seagulls,

Leeds fan here, was in the away end, really good atmosphere in our end, after half time you really cranked it up and I have to say i'm very impressed with the acoustics in your stadium.

Fair play to you, cracking atmosphere, cracking game too.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
it would be even better if the there was not any empty seats in the East stand. WHAT IS THAT ALL ABOUT..............if your a Season Ticket Holder and you cant go, give your frigging seat to someone that can.............there was so many empty seats in the east towards the north on Friday it was a joke, the missing 1600 people from capacity must have season tickets if the club are to say it was a sell out.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Evening Seagulls,

Leeds fan here, was in the away end, really good atmosphere in our end, after half time you really cranked it up and I have to say i'm very impressed with the acoustics in your stadium.

thanks mate, to be fair your boys made a heck of a noise and were a credit to leeds from what I saw. Best fans so far in terms of atmosphere

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
it would be even better if the there was not any empty seats in the East stand. WHAT IS THAT ALL ABOUT..............if your a Season Ticket Holder and you cant go, give your frigging seat to someone that can.............there was so many empty seats in the east towards the north on Friday it was a joke, the missing 1600 people from capacity must have season tickets if the club are to say it was a sell out.

Isn't that the family area?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
For work reasons I was at Watford/Forest yesterday, and the bloke from talkSPORT (Tony Incenzo) reckoned having also covered the Leeds game on Friday that the Amex currently is as loud as pretty much anywhere, up there near Stoke.

It's a combination of general delirium and accoustics, but it also gives a full house of away fans a chance to be heard if they are on their game (as Leeds most certainly were in the first half). Special night, one to remember.

Just a couple of points for Tuesday:

- I don't want to see the away fans leaping around like Leeds were
- Do we have to have the red/blue lighting coming through the gap at the top of the away end once the match has started? I will find it offensive, and it may spoil enjoyment of the occasion.
- Can we call the away guest beer 'London Shame' rather than London Pride for the night?

Less than 48 hours...

stugbhafc1

Stuie G
Aug 4, 2011
Southwick
Thanks LS10,
Got to say your lot played your part well made it a buzzing atmosphere, i was in the west which sounded loud, the north was in good voice it was only the east which i wouldnt say were not signing just couldnt hear much from them

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Evening Seagulls,

Not bad for us Southerners. Albion are rising again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports