Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton Leeds atmosphere

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
For work reasons I was at Watford/Forest yesterday, and the bloke from talkSPORT (Tony Incenzo) reckoned having also covered the Leeds game on Friday that the Amex currently is as loud as pretty much anywhere, up there near Stoke.

It's a combination of general delirium and accoustics, but it also gives a full house of away fans a chance to be heard if they are on their game (as Leeds most certainly were in the first half). Special night, one to remember.

Just a couple of points for Tuesday:

- I don't want to see the away fans leaping around like Leeds were
- Do we have to have the red/blue lighting coming through the gap at the top of the away end once the match has started? I will find it offensive, and it may spoil enjoyment of the occasion.
- Can we call the away guest beer 'London Shame' rather than London Pride for the night?

Less than 48 hours...

Lorenzo is going to need earplugs on Tuesday, especially on Brighton's winner going in.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
it would be even better if the there was not any empty seats in the East stand. WHAT IS THAT ALL ABOUT..............if your a Season Ticket Holder and you cant go, give your frigging seat to someone that can.............there was so many empty seats in the east towards the north on Friday it was a joke, the missing 1600 people from capacity must have season tickets if the club are to say it was a sell out.

You never heard that the trains were ROYALLY f***ed on Friday then? WHOOOOSH!!!! :facepalm:

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
it would be even better if the there was not any empty seats in the East stand. WHAT IS THAT ALL ABOUT..............if your a Season Ticket Holder and you cant go, give your frigging seat to someone that can.............there was so many empty seats in the east towards the north on Friday it was a joke, the missing 1600 people from capacity must have season tickets if the club are to say it was a sell out.

Bizarrely it isn't that easy to get a spare seat taken. Friday was too late for my two youngest - I took a couple of friends along but still had one spare ticket - no response from the classified despite offering it those looking.

May have a spare for palace too if anyone is interested; its been offered to someone and will hear back tomorrow. Anyone interested if it's still available??

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

If you have eg one adult and one Under-10 in the family section, depending on the age you may well not take them to a night game.

You can try and find someone else who will, but for the same reason it is not easy. If you want to come on your own, you are not allowed to take your seat in there as they don't want adults without children, even if it's technically your seat. I would guess this covers quite a few gaps.

The best you are allowed to do is be reallocated to WSL, and presumably then the club can try and re-sell your seats to maybe an adult and Under-16 in the family area (what has happened to me these three night games).

brightoon

Jun 13, 2011
My season ticket is in family stand and I have to say that I was surprised by the number of all adult groups that were in the family stand for the Liverpool game. Not complaining mind, personally think it's odd that if my boy is Ill I technically wouldn't be allowed in my own seat

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
If you have eg one adult and one Under-10 in the family section, depending on the age you may well not take them to a night game.

You can try and find someone else who will, but for the same reason it is not easy. If you want to come on your own, you are not allowed to take your seat in there as they don't want adults without children, even if it's technically your seat. I would guess this covers quite a few gaps.

The best you are allowed to do is be reallocated to WSL, and presumably then the club can try and re-sell your seats to maybe an adult and Under-16 in the family area (what has happened to me these three night games).

i didnt no it worked like that, I find it a bit crazy that even though you are on the data base and have season tickets you cannot take someone else and maybe pay a suppliment if its an adult?

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
Ive been called Joe Pasquale (wrong spelling I know) for the past two days and I work in a prison it don't sound good

JCL

Better, Stronger, Faster
Jul 2, 2011
East of Eastbourne
Been to all home games bar Donny (hols) and the Leeds game was the first game that my ears were still ringing when I got home - brilliant!
Fair play to the Leeds fans they made a lot of noise!

Really enjoyed the game, apart from the woeful start, the crap last minute and the plonker in the middle who was obviously being paid by the number of yellow cards he gave out...

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
The atmosphere against Leeds was amazing, better than the Goldstone used to be, but we'll take it to a whole new level on Tuesday. Can't wait!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
East stand season ticket holder...voice still croaks...loved every minute of this season so far..although had to admit haven't been to away games..tad hard as i work on saturdays and lose pay wen i don't

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
I had to abandon trip down cos of the nightmare travel problems, as did several other STs I know, so think that may have had a lot to do with the empty seats. Plus, in the family stand, am I right in thinking that if the kid can't go to an evening game then the accompanying adult can't either, unless they can find a different kid to take instead? ???

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
it was only the east which i wouldnt say were not signing just couldnt hear much from them

The East Stand have redeemed themselves after the Blackpool goal.

I watched the first 15 minutes of the second half again this morning before I came to work and just before CMS was fouled for the penalty you can cleared hear "We're the East Stand" being sung

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Apologies for being sufficiently self-regarding as to more or less quote my own blog on here, but tomorrow is going to make the Leeds game sound like a coffee morning at the Crowborough branch of the Womens' Institute.

Did enjoy it, though. Didn't enjoy taking three-and-three-quarter hours to get down from London and four-and-three-quarter hours to get home, though. Did rather take some of the buzz off.

My season ticket is in family stand and I have to say that I was surprised by the number of all adult groups that were in the family stand for the Liverpool game. Not complaining mind, personally think it's odd that if my boy is Ill I technically wouldn't be allowed in my own seat

i'm in the family stand and have been through this with the club as 'the boy' is only 2 and a bit. A blind eye WILL be turned to a Mum or Dad on their own but you cannot upgrade a child ticket to an adult without moving (WSL or South end of the East) but this atracts an increase in price for BOTH tickets.

With this in mind can the 'superfans' who are losing sleep because of an empty seat or two in the family stand give it a rest? If I could "give my sons ticket away" I would, but in most cases I have to queue up with non season ticket holders (what would the neighbours think!!?) to upgrade, I'm not always gonna be bothered or able to do this during 3 months of non 3pm kick offs.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Leeds Fans were the loudest I have ever heard from an away support. Credit to them. Magnificent support ( vocally ). We weren't too shabby either.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Acoustics at goldstone wer crap....whole of chicken run with no roof and part of the west.

True, but in the 70's when crowds often exceeded 30000 you had the North & South stands singing away& the atmosphere could be pretty impressive. Still not a match for the Amex though.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
[/B]

i'm in the family stand and have been through this with the club as 'the boy' is only 2 and a bit. A blind eye WILL be turned to a Mum or Dad on their own but you cannot upgrade a child ticket to an adult without moving (WSL or South end of the East) but this atracts an increase in price for BOTH tickets.

With this in mind can the 'superfans' who are losing sleep because of an empty seat or two in the family stand give it a rest? If I could "give my sons ticket away" I would, but in most cases I have to queue up with non season ticket holders (what would the neighbours think!!?) to upgrade, I'm not always gonna be bothered or able to do this during 3 months of non 3pm kick offs.

They quite clearly need to change this daft rule, particularly for evening matches.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here