Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Wolverhampton Wanderers *** Official Match Thread ***

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
What was that about when there wide player made a great run went passed FB was about to shoot and ref called play back
The left sided player had a coming together with Veltman(?) and both ended up on the floor, ref ruled the Wolves players was holding down the Brighton player (looked to me like both were trying to stop the other getting up and back involved in play, but ref gave it to us). There was a quick red card check on it from VAR, too.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
The left sided player had a coming together with Veltman(?) and both ended up on the floor, ref ruled the Wolves players was holding down the Brighton player (looked to me like both were trying to stop the other getting up and back involved in play, but ref gave it to us). There was a quick red card check on it from VAR, too.
That was the wanker Diego Costa, who was preventing Veltman getting up.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
IMG_3928.png

IMG_3929.png

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hmm, I‘d wager if any of the teams above us had won 6-0 they would have been first up on MOTD :shrug:

Chickenlittle

Feb 6, 2017
South coast
Krafty said:
It is all 6!
Undav scored the first in the 6th minute.
Undav scored Brighton's sixth in the 66th minute.
Is it destiny that we will finish in sixth?

Not sure if someone’s already mentioned this but…Gross, our no 13, also scored in the 13th min, then 13 mins later!
It’s in the numbers, I tell ya! ( we’re gonna finish 7th! ) :p

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
I confess I feared the worse when I saw the line up, and the Japanese supporters must have been even more disappointed. But a big well done in particular to Undav and Gilmour - the latter was surely MoM.

Fair play to the Wolves fans who stayed to the end and were leaping around to the celebratory music - I hope they were drug tested. I’d have been on the M25 by then.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A wonderful afternoon.

But an absolutely textbook VAR "can't celebrate the goal" moment for the first. From my perch in the WSU looking across the box, I thought Undav was likely offside. When it went to VAR, on bitter experience, I fully expected it to be chalked off, so metaphorically sat on my hands.

So when it was given, the feeling was one of "pleasant surprise" instead of going TOTO, as you usually would when the net ripples and theres no linos flag. Totally diminished the moment. I f***ing HATE VAR for that.

Thankfully today there was so much to be thrilled by and to celebrate. But that f***ing VAR saps the life out of so many moments.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
A wonderful afternoon.

But an absolutely textbook VAR "can't celebrate the goal" moment for the first. From my perch in the WSU looking across the box, I thought Undav was likely offside. When it went to VAR, on bitter experience, I fully expected it to be chalked off, so metaphorically sat on my hands.

So when it was given, the feeling was one of "pleasant surprise" instead of going TOTO, as you usually would when the net ripples and theres no linos flag. Totally diminished the moment. I f***ing HATE VAR for that.

Thankfully today there was so much to be thrilled by and to celebrate. But that f***ing VAR saps the life out of so many moments.
Same.

Undav's reaction told the tale that it was going to be a close call so I didn't celebrate.

Then, the VAR review took so long that by the time a decision was reached, I was so over the whole thing.

It was the perfect example of how VAR, and the threat of what it might do, can destroy the joy of your team scoring a goal.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
York 9-2 and Walsall 7-0. Its down to the view that football started in 1992
It was our biggest-ever victory in the top division, I think they said. Which is true. Our biggest win in the old first division was 4-1 v Man City, which we've bettered with 4-0s v Manchester United and West Ham. I suppose the 5-2 v Leicester was also better, as we scored more although the margin of victory is the same.

York was 7-2, by the way, not 9-2. We also beat Charlton 7-0 in the second tier in 1983.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Just got in, that went quite well didn't it.

Pascal was immense, and one very very happy kid in the north has his shirt. A very high quality moment.

Thought that was a bit of quality from PG. Lovely gesture, the lad and his dad were holding a German flag, nice for the stewards to bring him round and open the gate for the kid.
Screenshot_2023-04-30-01-17-49-89_92460851df6f172a4592fca41cc2d2e6.jpg

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Same.

Undav's reaction told the tale that it was going to be a close call so I didn't celebrate.

Then, the VAR review took so long that by the time a decision was reached, I was so over the whole thing.

It was the perfect example of how VAR, and the threat of what it might do, can destroy the joy of your team scoring a goal.

Howard Webb was talking last week about for decisions taking 30 seconds and if there's no clear and obvious error in that time they should stick with the on field decision.

That was microscopes out for 240 seconds at least. Ridiculous.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It was our biggest-ever victory in the top division, I think they said. Which is true. Our biggest win in the old first division was 4-1 v Man City, which we've bettered with 4-0s v Manchester United and West Ham. I suppose the 5-2 v Leicester was also better, as we scored more although the margin of victory is the same.

York was 7-2, by the way, not 9-2. We also beat Charlton 7-0 in the second tier in 1983.
Albion used to trounce teams on a regular basis in the mid-70s. The York City and Walsall games, I think, were about a month or so apart.

I was trying to think of the last 6-0 league win. Seems like a rare scoreline for us. Then I remembered the first match at Withdean. I think we have to go back to Colchester United and Chester in the mid 70s for another one.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
The performance today might give RDZ a bit of a selection headache for the next game. With Gilmour, Undav and Enciso having such a fantastic game, it'll be hard to send them back to the bench.

Good problem to have.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here