Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Wolverhampton Wanderers *** Official Match Thread ***

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Absolutely. Learning and focusing more on positives than negatives is the way to go, ask any sport psychologist. Only in some NSC:ers minds are "not learning" and "taking the negatives" something that will improve the team and results.

Clearly you believe you have superior expertise.

But from one of those 'NSC:ers' you are likely referring to a half time 'fire up' talk isn't about shouting and screaming. What I am expecting (and I do have experience of managing 'teams') is there's a whole lot of talking that can be done to get your team players up for the challenge, build/restore confidence, putting some fire in the belly of those that have let their heads drop and generally motivating them to the highest levels of performance

If Potter were spending the break looking at videos and only talking tactics I'd be horrified

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Looking at both teams, I really can’t see anything other than 0.0 today.

We know our strengths and weaknesses and Wolves are quite solid at the back but without Jiminez and Jota, they have looked a bit toothless.

Should be an attractive, tactical game though. Looking forward to it.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
What are the odds on Ryan being in goal?
More chance of him playing up front. And with the way Potter chops and changes, I wouldn't rule that out!:eek:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The balls have been taken out of the velvet bag and we await the starting of the bingo machine. Eyes down and are we ready?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Right then Brighton and Hove Albion.

It's been a shit Xmas
I got Covid on 18/12 first. Day after work finished. Got steadily worse and Xmas day was a wash out. Hospital since boxing day. S
Still no sign of a release date

I don't ask for much from you normally.

But just this once, do something to cheer me up.

Score a ****ing goal. Win a ****ing game

I could do with a smile today

Uta

Hope you’re feeing better and out soon mate.

One tip I will give you from when I had Covid. IF we score today, don’t get too excited and celebrate too much! I did after Welbeck scored against Villa and I swear that put my recovery back days!

Really hope we do the business today [emoji106]

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
Looking at both teams, I really can’t see anything other than 0.0 today.

We know our strengths and weaknesses and Wolves are quite solid at the back but without Jiminez and Jota, they have looked a bit toothless.

Should be an attractive, tactical game though. Looking forward to it.

Guaranteed to go 1-0 down within five minutes now. Thanks a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
I think the concept of spending 15 minutes "firing up" the players is pretty much of a thing of the past for most modern PL managers. The majority of the half-time talk will be looking at videos of sequences of the match trying to make out what to do different. GP makes a lot of tactical tweaks and its possible some of those havent been too successful. But I think its tactical - except in some extreme circumstances the manager yelling harsh words for 15 minutes is most likely a thing of the past.

If we take a successful second half as example - its easier because its simply easier to see tactical changes that work out rather than the opposite - like the one against Fulham, it was obvious that Scott Parker ahead of the game instructed the team to make sure Brighton couldnt use the central defenders to switch sides. Rather than having your forward dropping down to make it more congested in the middle so that you cant use your central midfielders as easily, Fulham had their striker lingering with the Brighton central defenders to prevent switching sides through those.

In the second half, you could see that Brighton adapted to this reality. Rather than going from congested left side to central defense to the spaces on right side, you would see March and Lamptey (and others) try to do immediate passes to central midfield instead of going through the central defenders as you most often would, since Bissouma, Alzante and Lallana, since Cavaleiro didnt drop down to cover spaces in the middle.

Modern football really is more like chess than it is like boxing. In every single game you could see a staff member wired up (Hamberg in Brightons case) to some match analyst on the stands and that, right or wrong, will be the basis of much of the sideline/half-time talk. But of course Billy Reid will be calling everyone ***** on a regular basis, Im not sure about how much difference it does though.

Agree with all of that.

And a half time rant just won’t work with elite modern players. That will switch them off totally. They need and expect tactical instruction and guidance rather than a bollocking. The game has 100% moved on from those days.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1345407092518227974 [/tweet]

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
And the line up is...

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
f9c25c9dc4368f6c2ec09dd7ca7c4db9.jpg

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
26 Sánchez
4 Webster
5 Dunk
33 Burn
34 Veltman
3 White
8 Bissouma
20 March
9 Maupay
11 Trossard
7 Connolly

2 Strikers - blimey!

Think Bernardo should be ahead of Burn in my view based on his performance the other day.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Who had 5 centre backs and 2 strikers?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here