Deleted member 2719

Attachments

• Brighton goals scorers.PNG
    Brighton goals scorers.PNG
    78.4 KB · Views: 381
  • Brighton 2 goal scorers.PNG
    Brighton 2 goal scorers.PNG
    77.8 KB · Views: 388

Please don't forget Tomer has not had a proper run in the side, what he does do is work hard, create room, involve others, he doesn't continually break up momentum by getting offside and fouling and every 2 mins.

So for me he is first choice with Murray doing the late stint, similar to today.

That is very true. His work rate and commitment is never in question. He does everything right, except score. Whether that's about ability, confidence, or both, I have no idea, but what ever the reason, it could cost us valuable points.

Murray is a much more savvy player. He draws fouls and gains us free kicks, and he is a much better finisher than Hemed. But he doesn't have the pace needed to really threaten the best defences.

What we need (and it's been pointed out by everyone) is a striker with Hemeds commitment and work rate, who is a much more clinical finisher. Finding one, is another thing. If we can, we can establish ourselves as a decent PL side.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Please don't forget Tomer has not had a proper run in the side, what he does do is work hard, create room, involve others, he doesn't continually break up momentum by getting offside and fouling and every 2 mins.

So for me he is first choice with Murray doing the late stint, similar to today.

This is where I am. He deserves a run. It’s not as if Murray is on fire

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Hemed far outperformed Murray in terms of effort and flick on's, just a shame he doesn't have the killer instinct of Murray. Would still stick with Hemed for now in the important games however vs Chelsea would probably play Murray as we won't get anything.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Anyone who still prefers Bong over Suttner is only a moron. It's just that simple. If Murray was playing he'd have scored at least two in that first 15 when Suttner was whipping in the crosses. Sadly, Tomer is ordinary and needs it all done for him but Murray would have scored a couple, and one of them may have been onside with a bit of luck.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Anyone who still prefers Bong over Suttner is only a moron. It's just that simple. If Murray was playing he'd have scored at least two in that first 15 when Suttner was whipping in the crosses. Sadly, Tomer is ordinary and needs it all done for him but Murray would have scored a couple, and one of them may have been onside with a bit of luck.

lol

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Absolutely. I feared the worst after having not signed a striker and while our limitations up front are clear to see, we've found a way so far. Few missed opportunities to be even higher up the table which shows that we're not that bad minus the striker.

This. Halfway with 21 points, double that and we shall be safe, perhaps with 2-3 games to go. Slight problem that we have 7 games against top 6 in H2; our record is not exactly great in that area (W0 D0 L5 F1 A12) so something on Tuesday would be a real bonus. Curious that the promoted teams are in reverse order; would not have predicted that at halfway.

D

Deleted member 2719

That is very true. His work rate and commitment is never in question. He does everything right, except score. Whether that's about ability, confidence, or both, I have no idea, but what ever the reason, it could cost us valuable points.

Murray is a much more savvy player. He draws fouls and gains us free kicks, and he is a much better finisher than Hemed. But he doesn't have the pace needed to really threaten the best defences.

What we need (and it's been pointed out by everyone) is a striker with Hemeds commitment and work rate, who is a much more clinical finisher. Finding one, is another thing. If we can, we can establish ourselves as a decent PL side.

I agree of most what you say i just feel Murray is over rated if it is put on a plate for him then he general scores, i just feel if i was in the side he would frustrate me immensely as he rarely will try to assist others to score (that's okay if he bangs it in, but he is quick to moan if someone does the same to him), he regularly gives possession away by giving niggly fouls away and also loses us possession with the amount of times he gets offside. How frustrated must his team mates get with him?

I know why he is like that, because he isn't a team player and he is competing against players who are sharper than him in this division and the only way he will beat them is to foul them or time his runs early hoping to get ahead of them, unfortunately generally he gets caught offside as these margins depend on a perfectly timed and early pass.

Bring on the window and let's keep the pressure on those centre backs until then!! :thumbsup:

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Todays game was very much like Burnley game......We should have been three up at half time !!!! If only !!!!

I'm not sure they should be considered morons, but I do agree, we look far better going forward and defensively with Sutner alongside March. Bong has done a lot better than I thought he would this season, but Sutner is a much better player. IMO.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

Suttner was up against a team that offered the opportunities to get in those positions. And he was excellent. I’d say Bong is a better defender, as he’s also shown at times this season against more testing opposition. So it’s simply horses for courses.

And, likewise, Tomer did a great job of occupying their defenders today and links the play well. Whereas Murray is a better finisher.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I'm not sure they should be considered morons, but I do agree, we look far better going forward and defensively with Sutner alongside March. Bong has done a lot better than I thought he would this season, but Sutner is a much better player. IMO.

Solly was poor today....generally rate him but not today!!!

D

Deleted member 2719

Hemed far outperformed Murray in terms of effort and flick on's, just a shame he doesn't have the killer instinct of Murray. Would still stick with Hemed for now in the important games however vs Chelsea would probably play Murray as we won't get anything.

But if they play Murray they will have so much time to play out from the back and it will be a constant bombardment, if we could ask Gross who he prefers to play with i reckon it would be Hemed or Baldock all day long..

Hemed will get sharper with matches.

bhaseeer

Aug 29, 2017
Knockart needs a massage or something - super tense and gives it away.

Bong for Suttner - gives more going forward - more vision.

The Romanian Deportivo Striker would be mental in our team - splash 30m on him.

Glad Kayal is on the heels of the midfield two.

We roll on and enjoy the Chelsea game as a cup game.

With crazy swings in Crypto this week - watching us defend a 1-0 the last minutes was not what I needed.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Knockart needs a massage or something - super tense and gives it away.

Bong for Suttner - gives more going forward - more vision.

The Romanian Deportivo Striker would be mental in our team - splash 30m on him.

Glad Kayal is on the heels of the midfield two.

We roll on and enjoy the Chelsea game as a cup game.

I thought suttner was excellent today! Thought Knockaert had a good game also. Only player I was disappointed with today was March - a few lovely moves but overall too lightweight and tried to do too much at times.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Get in! Just got in, turned the radio and we score!

Not claiming any credit or anything...
You're right not to. I told my son to will us a goal. He tried and said it didn't work, as it was just down to luck. I said it doesn't work if he doesn't believe in it, he has to think it will happen. He said he'd have another go, he held his hands forwards towards the ball, and leant his head forward a little, like a jedi. We immediately scored. He's now convinced that it was his doing :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here