Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Tottenham Hotspur ***Official Match Thread***

Tony the Pony

Jul 7, 2003
Littlehampton
The Spurs team v Orient yesterday (whch Spurs won 4-1) was:

Team: Cudicini, Walker, Rose, Hutton, Bassong, Kranjcar, Palacios, Pienaar, Bentley, Keane, Crouch. Unused subs: Townsend, Button, Carroll, Kane, Luongo.

So that still leaves a number of players for todays game.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
BBBW official threads are back. Excellent. All is well with the world.

Cheers DKM, last seasons win ratio was about 85% so I thought it would be foolish not to continue this season!

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Modric not playing today due to illness.Yeah right.............

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
should have been at my granddaughters wedding in Battle today, but have to stay at home in Wales and look after the cats I am so depressed...........................yeh right I will be listening on player and can shed a few tears without embarressing myself sad at not being able to be at either occasion but not having to choose is the bonus.
good luck and have a nice life my precious and
COME ON THE ALBION

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Spurs Team to wear black armbands at Brighton
29 July 2011
Spurs players will wear black armbands in Saturday's pre-season friendly at Brighton as a mark of respect after last week’s tragic events in Norway.

The Club has strong links with Norway with a large supporter base in the country and former Norwegian international players including Erik Thorstvedt, goalkeeper in our 1991 FA Cup win, Oyvind Leonhardsen and Steffen Iversen.

Our thoughts are with the families and friends of the victims at this sad time.

Team to wear black armbands at Brighton - News Articles - Tottenhamhotspur.com

Sitch

Jul 3, 2011
4-2 Spurs victory unfortunately for me.

I think there team will be a tad too strong for an upset !

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
not worried about the score as long as it isn't a humiliation and we play well - need to start scoring a few goals so fingers crossed we get the feel of that lovely wide pitch today and get the ball closer in rather than shooting too early from distance.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
not worried about the score as long as it isn't a humiliation and we play well - need to start scoring a few goals so fingers crossed we get the feel of that lovely wide pitch today and get the ball closer in rather than shooting too early from distance.
Oh I don't know a Bridcutt or Lua-Lua special would be nice but I know what you mean

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
and it sounds rather noisy

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Steak pie and a pint is a must!!

You should have started queuing early last week then. SSC Final I had to wait approx 45 mins to get to the counter only to be told they had run out of Steak and Ale pies. No problem I thought, so I mentioned to the guy who was serving me (hardly spoke a word of English) that as we have an in-house bakery where these are made, if I paid him for one, just to give me a shout when the next batch arrive as I would be standing a matter of a few feet away with some friends. Astonishingly he said there were no plans to make any more and this was around 2.15pm.

This board could be quite interesting after today's game. Lets wait and see

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Jimbo - last week was the first ramp-up game and services were scaled-down accordingly. This week with a bigger crowd the catering will be scaled-up but it takes time/matches to learn what the potential take up will be and production is geared to not having to throw food (=money) away after the game. Unlike a restaurant they won't have a market to serve the next day and most times it will be two weeks before the next game so very expensive if they get it wrong. If it isn't reasonably balanced service-wise by October then fair enough to complain

Marty McFly

Seagulls Over Canada
Aug 19, 2006
La Pêche, Quebec
Ankergren
Painter Greer Dunk Calderon
Sparrow Dicker Bridcutt Lua Lua
CMS Barnes

Full team news: Brighton and Hove Albion | News | Latest News | Latest News | Teams In: Albion v Spurs

Albion: (4-4-2) Ankergren (GK); Calderon, Dunk, Greer, Painter; Sparrow, Dicker, Bridcutt, LuaLua; Barnes, Mackail-Smith. Subs: Brezovan (GK), Cook, Navarro, Noone, Bergkamp, Vincelot, Buckley.

Tottenham Hotspur: (4-5-1) Friedel (GK); Corluka, Dawson, Kaboul, Assou-Ekotto; Lennon, Van Der Vaart, Jenas, Livermore, Bale; Pavlyuchenko.

Referee: Dave Phillips - Doing well for himself since leaving Get Your Own Back.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
What's up with Hoskins?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here