Brighton & Hove Albion vs Tottenham Hotspur ***Official Match Thread***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
its a day I'v been waiting for
pity some of my mates will never see it
nice day tinged with a little sadness

Appreciate your sentiments. It's a sentimental occasion.

Despite the likes of NSC and Facebook I've lost all contact with my old Goldstone North Stand crew and I miss them all like the brothers we we're.

I regret being expat on nights like this.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Appreciate your sentiments. It's a sentimental occasion.

Despite the likes of NSC and Facebook I've lost all contact with my old Goldstone North Stand crew and I miss them all like the brothers we we're.

I regret being expat on nights like this.

sharing your pain, sharing your pain

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
POSITIVES:

- We played bloody brilliant passing football. On the balance of the game we were worth at least a draw, which we would have got but for Brez's utter howler.
- KLL: We all know what he's capable of, and he showed exactly that today. His goal was very well taken and his general game looked superb, no sign of any injury 'hangover'.
- CMS: Brilliant signing, his workrate was superb and I've no doubt he'll score us a hatful.
- The atmosphere. Even not totally full that place is capable of generating some NOISE. Can't wait to hear it, and everyone, at full capacity next Saturday.

NEGATIVES:

- I don't know who invited that opera singer, but he ruined the pre-match setup for me. First time the teams come out to Sussex By The Sea at our new home, after 14 years of waiting. We even get a proper brass band to play it (very well, I'm sure) and then proceed to let him drown out both the aforementioned band and any attempts made by the crowd to sing along and enjoy the moment.
- Microphones. They didn't work properly at the SSC, and Paul Samrah's didn't today. Embarrassing, and sadly ruined the former players parade. On the subject of which, shame there weren't more people involved in that. Where were Reinelt, Zamora, Case, Foster, Ryan, Gritt or Brady, to name but a few? Of course I'm sure some had other commitments, but a poor turn out. Oh, and why not let Dick, Martin, Tony and Derek speak rather than Richie Reynolds and opera boy hogging the microphone?

To sum up: on the pitch stuff was fantastic, the future really is bright for us. As far as the off the pitch stuff, after so long in planning I was really disappointed by what was served up, it all felt a bit half-arsed.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
...To sum up: on the pitch stuff was fantastic, the future really is bright for us. As far as the off the pitch stuff, after so long in planning I was really disappointed by what was served up, it all felt a bit half-arsed.

Pretty much spot on. Fortunately it is on the pitch that matters going forwards. The half-arsed stuff has been and gone. Still a great landmark and the excitement is only building for next week!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
....The best thing about yesterdays game, for me, occurred away from the stadium.

As a bit of background, I live in Wales now and my visits to Brighton seem to be becoming less and less frequent (although that will probably change now we've got the Amex) and all I hear from Brightonians is how the place is changing or its not like it was.

Well anyway, my son and I went to the stadium for the first time yesterday (we aren't season ticket holders but will go match by match) and were completely in awe of the place......anyway the best thing was when we were walking through Brighton on the way home at least 5 or 6 groups of people asked us how we (the team) got on, three different people on Upper Rock Gardens (where I used to live) asked us. Whatever the anti's will have you believe, there is a huge swell of good feeling and interest in our town about the team.......perhaps Brighton has changed after all!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports