Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Reading *** Official Match Thread ***

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
God knows how Yeovil held out last Saturday with 8 men. Us going down to 10 should not have affected the game as badly as it did, it was wave after wave of black shirts queuing up for target practice after Greer went

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I'm so pleased that our club is nothing like Readings. Tinpot club, plastic fans, identikit ground, cheating players.
I am trying to be objective here.

I have seen us do the same thing in games. Under Gus we were definitely divers.

horshamite

Now Saltdeanite.
Nov 16, 2010
sorry but just thought I checked that you and the others on here being critical of the team, tactics, manager, stats etc are aware we played the whole of the second half with ten men against a team down from the premiership and currently above us in the table. What do you really expect?

Before the sending off we hadn't had a shot on target. We don't seem to have many nowadays. At home, against direct opposition, myself and many others would have liked to have seen a more attacking starting line up. From the radio commentary the match seemed dull until the sending off. Overall I'm an Oscar fan and eagerly looking forward to seeing his starting 11 for the first game of next season.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
BiORFVJIUAAGFgm.jpg

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Not a great surprise as we were playing with 10 men for half the match, is it?
No surprise, just disappointing that we only mustered one shot on target in 90 minutes at home in front of a large crowd.

Still its a point.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Another 2 despicable managers for Oscar to out-think in the next couple of games , 'Arry "Triffic" Redknapp and Dougie "Greaseball" Greedman

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
3 wingers on the bench whilst we were crying out for one on the pitch. . This was a match we had to win and could have won but as usual there was no cohesion between midfield and attack and Lingard may as well still be in Manchester for the service he got today. I wonder when the penny will drop that Oscar is just not up to this job

ruthers

Feb 24, 2013
My observations were:
we sit too deep (as usual) even when 11 v 11 we just do not push forward to support our front players. Is it any surprise we only had 1 shot on target?
Leo slips over far too much. Is he wearing studs?
Greer is always liable to do something to fuel a NSC binfest
Oscar was proud of the players.....at least that's all he managed to say in the post match interview.

I desparately want to come away from a match with only positive comments but once again I don't feel we have been entertained in an attacking manner and blaming the referee doesn't cut it for me, we simply do not create enough chances.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Criminal those 3 being on bench . Very very negative . Must not lose attitude . Would it of worked . . Maybe

Kuzcazk kept us in it

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
God knows how Yeovil held out last Saturday with 8 men. Us going down to 10 should not have affected the game as badly as it did, it was wave after wave of black shirts queuing up for target practice after Greer went

You'd expect that if you was playing away but not at home. Burnely last season when we was down to 9 men, be battered them and was unlucky not to get a draw at least.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Stadium roof would of come off if Buckley had scored one of them .

Not his fault as did well to make the chances

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here