Brighton & Hove Albion vs Reading *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Shame about the sending off but at least other results went our way.
Still only 2pts from those playoffs with game in hand.

Exactly. Forest are definitely catch-able now too. 5th and 6th spot are wide open and if we can beat QPR then 4th is attainable too.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
The real problem is that it doesn't seem like the team really go for it until they really have to by which time it is too late. Oh well

horshamite

Now Saltdeanite.
Nov 16, 2010
I couldn't bear to listen after Reading equalised, my nerves wouldn't have taken it (especially after my tumble drier stomach last night). Pleased we got a point as it could be a very important one come the end of the season.
Not all doom and gloom as others dropped points unexpectedly and made one up on them. Interesting stats Albion 6 shots 1 on target, Cheating Reading scum 27 shots 5 on target. Mr Garcia can we have some of that attacking football you said you liked?
Anyway when Leeds lose 5-1 at home it really can't be a bad day! :)

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Who would you appoint then?

not as though it will happen and I am not saying that I would want it to happen but I just wish Malky had been available when Gus went
Oscar does not seem to have enough passion and the board have gone from one who has just a little too much mouth and waving his arms about to one who keeps his hands in his pocket
we have Oscar and will have to go along with him ........................and hope

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
not as though it will happen and I am not saying that I would want it to happen but I just wish Malky had been available when Gus went
Oscar does not seem to have enough passion and the board have gone from one who has just a little too much mouth and waving his arms about to one who keeps his hands in his pocket
we have Oscar and will have to go along with him ........................and hope

I wonder what his reaction to the sending off was

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If I was a reading fan I would be embarrassed that only 1000 bothered on a Saturday and their players are all cheats.

They have taken over from Palace as the cheat boys in this league.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district

I don't think either Vincent Tan or Malky Mackay covered themselves in any glory in regard to the Cardiff fall out. Mackay did sign Cornelius. £8 million! Whining to the media. Prospective chairman will be put off by that. He would be another nightmare for Bloom. Anyway, Oscar's doing an ok job.

horshamite

Now Saltdeanite.
Nov 16, 2010
Oscar being interviewed avoided the two main talking points and three times mentioned he is 'proud of my players'. Getting a waste of time doing an interview, just recycle any previous one.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Oscar being interviewed avoided the two main talking points and three times mentioned he is 'proud of my players'. Getting a waste of time doing an interview, just recycle any previous one.

He cannot criticise the referee for making a howler of a decision otherwise he'll face a FA charge.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

Why is 'passion' that important? I would much rather have a quality coach like Oscar than an old school manager waving his arms around every two minutes.
Having said that he was pretty aminated when the ref again failed to book one of their lot for another dive

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
I couldn't bear to listen after Reading equalised, my nerves wouldn't have taken it (especially after my tumble drier stomach last night). Pleased we got a point as it could be a very important one come the end of the season.
Not all doom and gloom as others dropped points unexpectedly and made one up on them. Interesting stats Albion 6 shots 1 on target, Cheating Reading scum 27 shots 5 on target. Mr Garcia can we have some of that attacking football you said you liked?
Anyway when Leeds lose 5-1 at home it really can't be a bad day! :)

sorry but just thought I checked that you and the others on here being critical of the team, tactics, manager, stats etc are aware we played the whole of the second half with ten men against a team down from the premiership and currently above us in the table. What do you really expect?

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Our defensive display overall was superb in that frantic period in the second half. Dunk slotted in superbly. We just lacked the outlet to hold onto the ball when we did clear it.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Greer was stupid we looked unlikely to win it from the off thought, thought Ince and Caskey were poor and I don't understand how Lopez keeps getting games. Buckley should have started.

QPR a must win game if ever there was one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports