Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Olympique de Marseille *** Official Match Thread ***

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
I mean it was good to win the game and all, but we were going through to the next round regardless. I’d rather get three points on Saturday.

The Emirates on the Sabbath.

Great to top the group. You could feel the goal coming in the final few minutes of the game. Marseille had retreated, trying to see out a goalless draw. Joao Pedro had other ideas. Another famous win.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I mean it was good to win the game and all, but we were going through to the next round regardless. I’d rather get three points on Saturday.
With all due respect, at this point in time, that is crazy to me.

The emotion of tonight was unbelievable.

We’ve just achieved something truly historic.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
We’ve not just gone through to the next round though, we’ve by passed it to the quarter finals
With all due respect, at this point in time, that is crazy to me.

The emotion of tonight was unbelievable.

We’ve just achieved something truly historic.
Honestly. That take you’ve both quoted is one of the most bizarre things I’ve ever read on here.

SicilianHungary

Dec 5, 2015
I actually wanted us to have the play off round because the second leg would have been at home on my birthday. Saw the game in Morocco and pride doesn’t even begin to explain how I feel about being top of our group in our first European season.

Top of the so called ‘group of death’ with two actual European champions too!

Coxovi

NSC Patron
Nov 5, 2011
Suisse
Sneaking peaks in a meeting was afraid we were not going to make it. Almost shouted out when I saw we scored. What a victory, so thrilled for the club. Will watch the full replay tonight!

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
How quickly this team have learned and adapted to the demands of European Football. Top the group on the back of four wins and four clean sheets. De Zerbi has infused his team with confidence and belief.

Go for it now lads. We're not here just to make up the numbers!

An amazing night for this Football club.

sir_gullahad

Dec 20, 2013
Cheltenhamshire
According to my calculations that goal gained us:

420,000 Euro extra for turning a draw into victory
550,000 Euro extra for turning 2nd in the group into 1st
700,000 Euro extra for qualifying for last 16 instead of KO playoffs

Total 1.67M Euro

Oh, and 3 extra months of rubbing Palace noses in it - priceless.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada

Troll or dumb.

Winning tonight and topping the group = essentially 3 wins (tonight’s game + 2 play-off games).

Sending us straight into the last 16 gives the squad some breathing time to recover by skipping the play-offs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here