Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Olympique de Marseille *** Official Match Thread ***

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
Troll or dumb.

Winning tonight and topping the group = essentially 3 wins (tonight’s game + 2 play-off games).

Sending us straight into the last 16 gives the squad some breathing time to recover by skipping the play-offs.
That was just how I felt in the moment. Beating Man U 1-0 last season which went a long way to us finishing in the top 6 was more euphoric for me cos finishing as high up the league as possible over 38 games is more of an achievement than going through to an extra round in the Europa League.

Like I said, we were through regardless so there wasn’t that sense of jeopardy for me as I’d have been perfectly content with finishing second.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
IMG_0518.jpeg

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
That was just how I felt in the moment. Beating Man U 1-0 last season which went a long way to us finishing in the top 6 was more euphoric for me cos finishing as high up the league as possible over 38 games is more of an achievement than going through to an extra round in the Europa League.

Like I said, we were through regardless so there wasn’t that sense of jeopardy for me as I’d have been perfectly content with finishing second.
Mm, not for me.

We’ve already had a top 6 finish.

We’d never even played in Europe, let alone had the chance to top a group, a hard group at that.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Like I said, we were through regardless so there wasn’t that sense of jeopardy for me

We were through the group stage regardless, but the win has just got us through a knockout game against a CL side. That knockout game would have had jeopardy, but we've just got through that.

Can't believe I'm spelling this out, but you're clearly missing something.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here