Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Nottingham Forest *** Official Match Thread ***

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
We look a bit like last season in the final 3rd.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Three persons/people need to have a good think about how that game went.

Firstly the players. Sadly Welbeck needs a break, as maybe does Gross. We need to think of Solly as a useful backup to the first team squad, rose tinted specs do not hide his lack of goals or direct assists.

RDZ cannot allow himself to fall into the trap of keep doing the same thing if it ain’t working. Where was Undav?

Lastly, and controversially, Tony Bloom. We can never forget what he has done, we were there with him, through the bad times and the good, so to speak. But others were not. If the club want to hang on to newer fans and add to them, then he needs to invest in a proven striker. If he continues to resist then we risk losing the goodwill of younger fans who like to support teams on the up, cos we are looking like we’ve peaked right now.

There, said it, off to get my tin hat now.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
It's not helped by the ref and lino decisions which seem... debatable at best. And that's without blue and white tinted specs on too.
2 decisions against March were mystifying. He got wrestled to the ground,gets up, wrestles Forest player so it’s a foul by March.
Near the end, March sent flying but it’s a goal kick. Same Assistant Referee.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I don’t know about you guys, but I’m loving this revert back to sideways-sideways-sideways-backwards passing.

And don’t get me started on playing it out from the back with the tippy tippy around our own 18 yard box, to send out a cross and lose it at the half way line.

Magnifique.
Bring back Dale Stephens.

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
All so predictable for those witnessing the last two games. No plan B. Zero goals scored in the process and didn't look like scoring. And now two big hitters to come.....

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
No we'll lose both on this form..be looking down rather than up and the pressure on RDZ will increase.

This was very poor, hoping for best, slow, ponderous, passing across the back which is usesless possession stat, no cutting edge.. Its not working.
I agree - we’ve regressed massively on the back of losing GP plain and simple... one simply doesn’t just go out a replace a coach/manager of the quality of GP... we’ve got an untried and untested PL manager and it’s showing... I don’t blame Roberto, but his appointment is starting to look a bit ‘rushed’ and possibly a bit ‘wishful’ in expecting him to take the PL by storm. . . I’m trying to remain positive and (yes) City and Chelsea will most likely be defeats... the truth is I got a sinking feeling the day GP walked and now I’m certain - if we stay up we’ll have done very, very well.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I wonder what TB makes of it all with purely his supporter’s hat on?

4 seasons of countless times … just a decent finisher away from 3 Amex points. Even Potter only found a solution at the very end.

Summed up correctly here.

4D5F0A4B-8968-4374-AA84-178F7FFBE43A.png

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Changes came far too late tonight. We are still desperate for a striker. Welbeck needs dropping, but we have nobody to replace him with.

I’d like us to change shape now, it is clear that Potterball MK2 isn’t going to work for us with the weaker squad De Zerbi has inherited.

Very disappointed with that second half tonight, but in truth even when we were dominating in the first half I had this nagging doubt about our ability to actually score.
This looks far closer to Potter MK1 to me...these players can play Potter MK2, as proven two months ago.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
We are pathetic. More so in the second half. De Zerbi smiling as he walks on. f*** off. You have better players than dire Forest and we barely created a clear cut chance.

Gross has been stealing a living since RDZ after being so good before.
What has happened to Welbeck? Looks devoid of confidence. Comes short instead of getting in the box all the time.
Trossard playing with ideas above his station.
March is March but weirdly shows more endeavour than above.
Macallister and Caicedo fine.
Poor passing by Dunk.

Early days but cannot see where RDZ gravitas will come from let alone a win. Small time histrionics on the touchline in his gilet. His only answer was to bring on Lamptey against a packed defence. Weird and devoid tactically. Not convinced at all. Felt after Spurs our best chance of a win would be in the emotion of Potters return.

League placing is brilliant but no way we'll finish there. Palace will easily finish above us at this rate for example.

Gutting we've lost Cucu, Bissouma, Maupay, Mwepu and our coaching team but we should still beat those mugs.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Not too worried. Potter was still serving up games like that 1.5 years into his tenure.

Highlights to me how small our squad is. PL allows 5 subs but we really don’t have alternative options to what we’ve got on the pitch since Maupay and Cucu were sold and Mwepu retired. Really hoping Uncle Tony allows De Zerbi to open the war chest in January.
Spot on

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Reality is I don’t think Potter still being in charge would have changed any of the past 3 results. This inability to punish teams in the final third isn’t down to the management, it’s down to the recruitment department and Mr Bloom. Very rarely will I say anything negative about the man but his and the clubs inability to invest in a goal scorer for the past 3 summers is the one thing holding us back, some would say the final piece of the jigsaw. Feel for De Zerbi to be honest, just hope he’s more forceful getting that over to Bloom / recruitment department and it’s addressed sooner rather than later. Welbeck and Undav are not the answer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here