Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Nottingham Forest *** Official Match Thread ***

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
People need to remember that if we had a manager that post-Leicester was “good enough for Chelsea”, then of course we weren’t going to get a like for like replacement as those types of managers would be looking at a Chelsea-type vacancy, not a Brighton one.

The way I see it, De Zerbi is a surer bet than Potter was when we hired him (8th place Serie A and Shakthar v Ostersunds and Swansea). I’m actually quite excited by the continuity De Zerbi has managed to get out of the team in terms of how Albion play, as he hasn’t even brought in any of his own players. January could be good.
Your post has cheered me up, especially the second paragraph. Great points i hadnt considered in my post-match gloom after yet another game of 'if only ... had scored that chance we'd have won' 😏

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
People need to remember that if we had a manager that post-Leicester was “good enough for Chelsea”, then of course we weren’t going to get a like for like replacement as those types of managers would be looking at a Chelsea-type vacancy, not a Brighton one.

The way I see it, De Zerbi is a surer bet than Potter was when we hired him (8th place Serie A and Shakthar v Ostersunds and Swansea). I’m actually quite excited by the continuity De Zerbi has managed to get out of the team in terms of how Albion play, as he hasn’t even brought in any of his own players. January could be good.
👏👏👏

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
We played the same way for 95 minutes with no change in tempo or tactics. If its still level at 75 minutes, you have to change something. Anything...
This ^
I'm not convinced I've seen RdZ properly make a single decision to try & change a thing since he's arrived. Not during or between games. I really hope he's taking notes & making plans but I don't as yet see any of the courage & creative thought that Potter showed. I'm not sure we'll have a more appropriate game all season to take a chance or two either

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Too many bed wetters on here tonight. We’ve dominated that game from start to finish, created loads of chances. The performance deserved a win. Just couldnt score. De Zerbi can’t very well score a goal himself. It’s the same old story of needing a decent striker.

So many people said the correcf things when RDZ was brought in that we should give him time, and that at first it’ll no doubt be a bit bumpy, and yet after 4 games people are having a tantrum.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Too many bed wetters on here tonight. We’ve dominated that game from start to finish, created loads of chances. The performance deserved a win. Just couldnt score. De Zerbi can’t very well score a goal himself. It’s the same old story of needing a decent striker.

So many people said the correcf things when RDZ was brought in that we should give him time, and that at first it’ll no doubt be a bit bumpy, and yet after 4 games people are having a tantrum.
It doesn't matter if we deserved a win or not. If you can't score, you won't get one. I agree we need a decent striker. But don't agree that people are having a tantrum. After 3 years of watching endless pitiful finishing at home, with the club seemingly pretty nonchalant about it, I think we have a right to be pissed off.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
This ^
I'm not convinced I've seen RdZ properly make a single decision to try & change a thing since he's arrived. Not during or between games. I really hope he's taking notes & making plans but I don't as yet see any of the courage & creative thought that Potter showed. I'm not sure we'll have a more appropriate game all season to take a chance or two either
Personally I though Lamptey did make a positive difference when he came on

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
We always struggle against teams who sit back, nothings changed. We had plenty of chances to win tonight, just another frustrating game. Would it of been any different if GP was still in charge?

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Frustrating performance tonight against probably the poorest premier opposition we’ve seen here ( 59 minutes before their first shot and touch in the box and no shots on target - sounds like a CH away performance).

I can understand the negative comments on here but my glass remains half full: just looking at the stats ( possession, shots etc) if we play that match again we win by 3 or 4.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Frustrating performance tonight against probably the poorest premier opposition we’ve seen here ( 59 minutes before their first shot and touch in the box and no shots on target - sounds like a CH away performance).

I can understand the negative comments on here but my glass remains half full: just looking at the stats ( possession, shots etc) if we play that match again we win by 3 or 4.
You haven't watched us play these type of games very long surely

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
It doesn't matter if we deserved a win or not. If you can't score, you won't get one. I agree we need a decent striker. But don't agree that people are having a tantrum. After 3 years of watching endless pitiful finishing at home, with the club seemingly pretty nonchalant about it, I think we have a right to be pissed off.
My point was more in reference to people having a tantrum about the manager & already wanting RDZ out. We played well today, just as you say pitiful finishing. But that’s not the managers fault. We need a decent striker and I agree the club have been nonchalant about it. We’re not going to go out and spend £40/50m and the 20+ goal a season striker is a myth, but right now we don’t even have a 10-15 goal striker.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Didn’t help that our two best chances fell to defenders - no amount of money spent on a striker would have changed the outcome of those efforts

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
It was just a frustrating match (could have been worse though, it was my birthday so I’ll take Brighton not losing at least) seems like a lot of the same problems and frankly I don’t blame the fans for being impatient. What was promising to be a fantastic season has been rudely interrupted.

Not sure why Nottingham fans were so gleeful, their team were tremendously shit and fully deserve being second bottom. If I was travelling six hours round trip on a Tuesday evening, waiting nearly an hour at Brighton station, watching Forest showing absolutely zero intent to beat Brighton in poor form, I dont think Id be in a good mood. Just a bunch of weirdos.

Oh yeah, I forgot, f*** Chelsea.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Didn’t help that our two best chances fell to defenders - no amount of money spent on a striker would have changed the outcome of those efforts
Except that top class striker would have got himself in those positions ahead of the defenders.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
It was just a frustrating match (could have been worse though, it was my birthday so I’ll take Brighton not losing at least) seems like a lot of the same problems and frankly I don’t blame the fans for being impatient. What was promising to be a fantastic season has been rudely interrupted.

Not sure why Nottingham fans were so gleeful, their team were tremendously shit and fully deserve being bottom. If I was travelling six hours round trip on a Tuesday evening, waiting nearly an hour at Brighton station, watching Forest showing absolutely zero intent to beat Brighton in poor form, I dont think Id be in a good mood. Just a bunch of weirdos.

Oh yeah, I forgot, f*** Chelsea.
Not sure how many away games you go to but taking a point even when you have played bad is well worth celebrating. It makes the trip worthwhile.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here