Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Nottingham Forest *** Official Match Thread ***

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
Oct 12, 2022
I think the thing that gnarls most of us is, we’re not crap, if we were crap most would accept it, but we’re not, we’re good, bloody good right up to the point where we have to shoot, even having lost several very key players we’re still pretty bloody good !
Now if we can’t score, we either need to bring in a striker who can or we need to coach goals into the players we have got…..and that’s where our downfall is…..that isn’t happening !

What I find most puzzling is that this seems to have persisted across multiple managers, multiple sets of coaching staff, and multiple generations of players.

Is there something in the water supply? Or is there some fundamental basic that’s so obvious coaches aren’t bothering to coach it, yet our team, alone in all the Premier League, aren’t aware of it?

I can picture the whiteboard now with just a theee sided rectangle on. “This lads, is the goal. The real aim of football is to get the ball into the opponents goal (a small circle is drawn inside the three sided rectangle) as many times as you can, without letting them get the ball into yours.”

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
What I find most puzzling is that this seems to have persisted across multiple managers, multiple sets of coaching staff, and multiple generations of players.

Is there something in the water supply? Or is there some fundamental basic that’s so obvious coaches aren’t bothering to coach it, yet our team, alone in all the Premier League, aren’t aware of it?

I can picture the whiteboard now with just a theee sided rectangle on. “This lads, is the goal. The real aim of football is to get the ball into the opponents goal (a small circle is drawn inside the three sided rectangle) as many times as you can, without letting them get the ball into yours.”
The curse seemed to mysteriously go away a bit whenever we had Glenn Murray in our squad though...

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here