Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester United *** Official Match Thread ***

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Firmly believe Stephens and Duffy sadly drag down the overall standard and belief in the side. Stephens in particular is getting embarrassed out there. Mooy for Stephens and Bernardo on for Dunk (protect him for Norwich) for me.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Right I’m off to the shop, does anyone want anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A defender, two midfielders, a striker and a packet of rich tea.

Jakeg

Feb 7, 2016
Found this on Twitter, why no offside? 9C45FC8C-99B8-4791-B884-69C56D07B67B.jpeg

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
He's ok but it's certainly an area that we need to upgrade in. While he doesn't drop many clangers there are a number of goals over the course of the season where you think he could have done better such as today, Palace H, Shef Utd A

NSC goalkeeping expertise to the fore again.

1. Shot from inside the box - unsighted, through a defenders legs, in the corner of the goal. “Good luck”...

2. Shot from outside the box. Clearly going well wide when struck (which is the moment in time when a goalkeeper completes his decision making and movement programming) - massive deflection.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Coach_Carter_92

Apr 25, 2013
Home
Can't blame Ryan for either of the goals, first one he his view is blocked by dunk in the way, also many keepers would struggle to get down quickly to the corner for that, and one of Ryan's biggest attributes is getting down quickly. The second took a big deflection, as shown from the replays behind the play

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
portlock In a word said:
Manu are walking through our defence - we are just watching and walking even slower. Let's hope we can speed up 2nd half and have some shots on goal.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Wrong formation and personnel completely - too much tinkering. No complaints we’re behind but will day the officials and bias to the ‘big club’ has been obvious.

1) Lamptey makes what looks a perfectly good tackle and we are 3 on 1 at 0-0 - our 3 players go mad. No mention of it by comms, no replay! Want to see it again.

2) Their goal. Ball so so so far out and cheeser lino somehow misses it - how?! And how can’t VaR intervene. Then it looks like Shaw is off but we see no VAR replay and the comms just say Burn played him on - anyone got a screenshot of this?

Just seems they’re on top enough without the bias. No crowd going against us for sure tonight.
I don't think VAR is operational after project restart.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
0-2 or 0-4 makes no odds, let's have a go pls.

Except goal difference IS crucial. Lose by 4 or 5 and with Citeh and Liverpool to come our 12 goal difference versus the rest could be toast.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
NSC goalkeeping expertise to the fore again.

1. Shot from inside the box - unsighted, through a defenders legs, in the corner of the goal. “Good luck”...

2. Shot from outside the box. Clearly going well wide when struck (which is the moment in time when a goalkeeper completes his decision making and movement programming) - massive deflection.

The deflection on that shot curled it in perfectly. Ryan didn't have a chance.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Thank **** our fans aren't in this stadium tonight. Absolute lack of context shown by a majority in this thread. A bit like our typical home support when things aren't going well - embarrassing.

We are playing a top team in top form. We aren't at our best, but they have been quality - they have made us look worse than we actually have been.

Definitely shouldn't be too harsh on the players here. On our day we can beat anyone, but against top 6 sides we need to fortunate enough to catch them on a bad day. Today we are unfortunately playing one at the top of their game.

Probably won't get anything tonight, but an early goal against tiring legs, some inspired substitutions, then who knows.

Word.

The people who love losing because they can rage at the manager & the players are having a blast tonight, plenty of that masochist type of fans in this thread. Expect spence to show up any minute.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here