Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Liverpool *** Official Match Thread ***

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Verbruggen was slow to move on the pen - not saying he would have saved it but he didn‘t read the run up. No good waiting until after the pen taker has kicked the ball.

He was expecting Salah to go down the middle, as Salah has gone down the middle with 5 of his last 7 penalties, and one that he didn't he missed.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Have we lost this game then? Should I give the second half a miss?

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Re Dunk.
1. Not fully fit so not sharp.
2. Very, very exposed at times so his general decision making is off
obviously dunk still has a lot of amazing qualities, but i feel his lack of pace, combined with a tendency to dive in/push up higher than the rest of the defence, really doesn’t suit our game at the moment

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I know it's not our style, but we need to hit it long some of the time, it seems like the players aren't allowed to.
We have the time running down, it is nearly the end of the half, there is no point fannying around the back which could lead to another goal in our own net.
This! Too much risk and very little reward. Game management please.

And who the feck is deciding Dunk should be taking free kicks from there?

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
But just maybe he's drilling it too much into them to constantly play the risky stuff instead of some safe game management?
This I think. It's drilled so strongly they may not think clearly in certain situations...like "what's the safest thing to do here".

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
And who the feck is deciding Dunk should be taking free kicks from there?

RDZ.

Dunk obviously pulls them off in training.

Sometimes it seems that some fans don't realise that a lot of thought and practice goes into almost ALL things that we do on the pitch.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
One question. What the hell has happened to Ferguson? I barely know he's on the pitch.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Verbruggen was slow to move on the pen - not saying he would have saved it but he didn‘t read the run up. No good waiting until after the pen taker has kicked the ball.
I think he was taking his option of a shot to the centre- tough call for him. I don’t blame him for not saving but still think he contributes to our overall problems in defence. RDZ needs a plan B for when we get ahead and/or need to mix our tactics.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Where are all the people that said Bart is head a shoulders above steele now? Or even that Webster isn’t good enough, 2 games in a row Bart has gifted the other teams goals, and is he really a better shot stopper? From the games I’ve seen of him I’ve not seen anything to back this up.
I don’t think anyone knows how good he is. What is clear is that Steele isn’t good enough, so eventually you have to take a chance on the kid you’ve spent £15m on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here