Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Liverpool *** Official Match Thread ***

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
Another game, another poor defensive performance and this surely needs to be addressed now?
We should be winning, but our incompetence at the back has costed us yet again - Liverpool have had very few chances.
Hopefully we can comeback with a 3-2 win but, and we keep saying this, the defence hasn't done well.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
We’ve played pretty well but I’m not sure I agree we were totally in control, they had enough of the ball and it’s been pretty equal so far, a bit of a fight in midfield. It’s not yet back to the standard of some of our other performances.

Hopefully come out stronger in the second half as we often do.

Possibly. I do think it was a pen but if we were playing at Anfield, there is not a chance it would have been given. Fact.
I honestly thought the ref was just about to give a pen for the first challenge and then the second one made his job very easy

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Can't keep playing like this, something needs to change as we keep conceding with shit errors at the back.

How many times have we lost the ball because we are firing the pass into Midfield and Liverpool have capitalised.

So frustrating.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
I love RDZ and his football but he needs to instil game management into the team. We have just conceded a soft equaliser, there’s a minute till half time and we concede again getting caught on the edge of our box. That’s not brave that’s just stupid.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Frustrating end to the first half. We've been the better side, putting aside the two shambolic defensive blunders that resulted in their goals.

Lots of positives in the first half, from an attacking point of view anyway. Joao Pedro and Adringa looking real tricky attacking threats, Adringa with brilliant vision for his goal.

Think Baleba is going to be brilliant. He looks very raw and reminds me of how Bissouma looked before we seasoned him. Clearly got the skill.

Ferguson seems to be struggling today, their defence have put him out of the game.

Can see there being more goals in this fixture. We're playing well. We can do this.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
It was two pens and both would have been given by VAR no matter who they were against.
It looked to me as though the ref was indicating that he was awarding the penalty for the second tackle - but surely it was for Gross' shirt-pull. Maybe that's why he didn't book him?

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
You fecking donkeys- car crash defending again. So predictable- got lucky a few times but it was obvious they would score from a mistake or 2. Getting a massive problem now.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Worryingly, Liverpool have been nowhere near their best. In fact, they’ve been quite poor

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
Very frustrating, we were on top and ahead against a below par Liverpool and two poor bits of defending has given them the lead against the run of play.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here