Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Liverpool *** Official Match Thread ***

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
My layman’s view is that betting cashflows lean towards clubs with mass support, optimistic punters betting on their team across the world. Seemingly taking little account of injuries and/or a decline.
If you're correct then it should be pretty easy to make money from the bookies. I have felt this week that they've had the odds on this game a little wrong, but despite injuries and a loss of form the top clubs still tend to finish above us as the end. I'd still be surprised if we finish above Chelsea or Liverpool.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Never mind the football. The main thing is the rain has stopped so I can lose at least one layer of coats. See you there.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Liverpool are favourites, and they should be. However we started the week at 3/1. We are now under 2/1. The bookies did get it wrong and they’ve already admitted that.
Sure, but reading NSC this week (and this thread) and you'd think we're the favourites.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Stadium wide farce with tickets not working, people not being allowed in even with a ST and id
had a problem in South west corner. machine read at 5th attempt even though very rude gate staff told me I had to go to ticket office as it wasn't

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
had a problem in South west corner. machine read at 5th attempt even though very rude gate staff told me I had to go to ticket office as it wasn't
West stand staff equally as unhelpful, had no answers and just stood there offering no assistance. Went and got a paper ticket from a very lovely blonde lady at the ticket office.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Sure, but reading NSC this week (and this thread) and you'd think we're the favourites.

Yeah, god forbid a set of fans have some slightly OTT optimism about their team who are playing good football and scoring goals.

I too am deeply distressed that our fans aren’t emotionless robots

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
That's some understatement. We're missing our top scorer and they've got a couple of injuries, but they are the favourites and we are the underdogs.
He's only our 'joint' top scorer. By the time Gross and Mac Allister have scored a goal apiece this afternoon, he'll be down to third in the list.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Was previously very optimistic about this fixture, but now very concerned that the Trossard debacle will affect our performance today.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If you're correct then it should be pretty easy to make money from the bookies. I have felt this week that they've had the odds on this game a little wrong, but despite injuries and a loss of form the top clubs still tend to finish above us as the end. I'd still be surprised if we finish above Chelsea or Liverpool.
We’re mostly ultra cautious, partly not to tempt fate, but Amex wins are fairly rare in our EPL era eg screwing up against a cheating Villa.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Gross at right back. . . . Eenteresting.

although we know he and Solly are gold dust attacking down the right.

I suppose it is only Liverpool, so more a 2-4-3-1 formation.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
No Veltman??? He has owned Salah in the past.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here