Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Leicester City *** Official Match Thread ***

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Hopefully they don't wake up today. Their squad is good, better than Brightons, and they should be in the top 10 by the end of the season with what they have available.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I remember in our first PL season, I walked past a home pub in Leicester with some others
wearing Albion colours. A few of them took the piss out of us with stuff like "make the most
of this season, it will be your last in the PL". Then in the ground, the homophobia was the worst I've
known apart from Swansea. That's why I detest Leicester. Oh and the city is a dump.

Had a similar experience in Watford that season. Minus the homophobia.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I remember in our first PL season, I walked past a home pub in Leicester with some others
wearing Albion colours. A few of them took the piss out of us with stuff like "make the most
of this season, it will be your last in the PL". Then in the ground, the homophobia was the worst I've
known apart from Swansea. That's why I detest Leicester. Oh and the city is a dump.

And the state of the concourse at the stadium. Packed in like sardines, no hope of getting served at the pint bar, and the toilets were flooded with piss pre-kick off. Then they beat us without getting out of 3rd gear. Other than that, great day :)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
And the state of the concourse at the stadium. Packed in like sardines, no hope of getting served at the pint bar, and the toilets were flooded with piss pre-kick off. Then they beat us without getting out of 3rd gear. Other than that, great day :)

Slag in black banter being the high point of a miserable day. Or maybe that was a different day under Poyet?

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Are Leicester, (1 point, 4 losses in a row, 3 points adrift at the bottom) going to play expansive football, or come for a point, hoping for a goal or two on the break?

We will need 100% concentration the whole game, whether or not we can break them down.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Hopefully they don't wake up today. Their squad is good, better than Brightons, and they should be in the top 10 by the end of the season with what they have available.

I read this and thought bollox.

On further consideration (having checked our Transfermarkt) you are clearly right, we are only stronger in central defence and with our No.1 keeper. They have a lot more strength in depth, especially at full back, defensive midfield and strikers.

They haven’t outplayed us since Hughton was manager though.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Are Leicester, (1 point, 4 losses in a row, 3 points adrift at the bottom) going to play expansive football, or come for a point, hoping for a goal or two on the break?

We will need 100% concentration the whole game, whether or not we can break them down.

I hope today is the day we see Tariq outpace Vardy and make a mug of him again

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Leicester are going to be incredibly fired up for this but that will play into our hands imho. Real test this. Very excited.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Leicester are going to be incredibly fired up for this but that will play into our hands imho. Real test this. Very excited.

I think their confidence is fragile, team and fans, we need to get into them early. An early goal for us would be fantastic today. Their fans are turning on Rodger’s.
This will either be typical Albion to help out a struggling team or another manager goes after losing at the Amex!

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I think their confidence is fragile, team and fans, we need to get into them early. An early goal for us would be fantastic today. Their fans are turning on Rodger’s.
This will either be typical Albion to help out a struggling team or another manager goes after losing at the Amex!

My sense is that Rodgers may have lost the team and that they will just throw the towel in today knowing he'll get the
boot/fresh start etc. But I'm usually crap at these predictions - so I'm going 0-2 :) .

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020

Yes, THE absolute day for a quick start. Which we’ve been better at for a while now. Let’s hope the crowd are up for it. 2 is a weird time on a Sunday but hopefully everyone is back from hols and well up for an onslaught.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Wouldn’t be surprised if we see Billy the Kid in the Lallana role from the start.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
As is the Brighton way - we don't beat teams who are bottom of the table - although I can't see Leicester parking the bus.

Nil nill but both sides with an XG > 1

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here