Date: Sunday 4th September 2022
Kick-off: 14:00 BST
Referee: Tony Harrington
Assistants: Simon Long, Steven Meredith
Fourth Official: Andre Marriner
VAR: Chris Kavanagh
Additional VAR: Mark Scholes

TEAM NEWS

Billy Gilmour is available for his Brighton debut following his £7.5m move from Chelsea.

Adam Lallana and Jakob Moder remain out but Joel Veltman is available, while Jeremy Sarmiento has returned to training.

Leicester could hand a debut to new signing Wout Faes, who has joined from Reims to replace Chelsea-bound Wesley Fofana.

Ricardo Pereira and Ryan Bertrand remain long-term absentees.

The Foxes may again be without Daniel Amartey, who missed Thursday's defeat by Manchester United because of a muscle issue.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Brighton took four points from Leicester last season, twice the number they managed in their previous eight Premier League meetings, when they managed only a pair of draws.
    [*=left]The Foxes have failed to score in one of their 10 Premier League meetings with the Seagulls and have scored in all five of their away games against them in the competition.
Albion

• [*=left] Brighton have the meanest defence in the Premier League this season, conceding just three goals.
    [*=left]The Seagulls have won six of their last nine Premier League games played on Sunday (W6, D3), having won only seven of their first 24 matches on that day in the competition.
    [*=left]Pascal Gross has been involved in four of Brighton's six Premier League goals so far this season, scoring three and assisting one. Two more goal involvements would make him the first Seagulls player to register 50 Premier League goals or assists.
Leicester

• [*=left]Leicester have kept a clean sheet in only one of their last 28 Premier League away games, but have also failed to score just twice in that run.
    [*=left]They have scored 188 goals in their 110 Premier League fixtures on Sundays and conceded 179 - the highest total number of goals-per-game (3.3) for any team on a specific matchday.
    [*=left]Defeat would see Brendan Rodgers lose five successive top-flight matches for the first time in his career.
    [*=left]Jamie Vardy is set to play his 276th Premier League game, equalling Kasper Schmeichel as Leicester's record appearance holder in the competition.

Graham Potter's Leicester Press Conference

[tweet]1566395676812001283[/tweet]

https://twitter.com/OfficialBHAFC/status/1566395676812001283

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I fear this is going to be a much tougher game than it should be. Leicester are rocking, they’ve lost key players, the manager is disillusioned and they are bottom of the table with no wins

Exactly the type of game where we nearly always feck up :down:

Really looking forward to it but with an unshakeable feeling of impending doom

I HAVE been following this club for too long :wink:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Brighton & Hove Albion vs Leicester City *** Official Match Thread ***

A classic Albion banana skin of a game.

We need a couple of early goals

Hold the nerve [emoji6]

Last edited:

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I agree that it has all the makings of a banana skin for the Albion.. There luck has got to change soon.
I did venture onto a Leicester City forum . The fans ‘ confidence is absolutely on the floor . They all predicted a loss down here and plenty of hate vibes for Rodgers. That’s typical of LC fans , happy when winning but turn on the club as soon as the going gets tough.
I lived up there for several years and it gives me great pleasure to beat them after all the smug condescending comments I got when we were lower than them ..... Over to you Mr Potter... :albion2:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
I’d previously rather liked Leicester but they are increasingly sounding brattish and entitled, led by Brendan Rodgers.

Their wage bill is nearing 90% of their income and rather than being a sleeping giant of world football I regard them as a club which has refreshingly punched way above its weight.

But for Rodgers to jettison his toys so publicly merely because they haven’t spent £100m in the transfer window is quite pathetic.

Yes they have lost Fofana, Schmeichal etc but they still have Vardy. Maddison, Tielemans etc. Hardly a team of hopeless misfits is it?

Please be quiet Brendan. Excuses, excuses…

Would love to win this.

dstanman

Jul 1, 2011
Should be a good game and opportunity to bounce back after the Fulham game. 3 points to the Albion

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I remember in our first PL season, I walked past a home pub in Leicester with some others
wearing Albion colours. A few of them took the piss out of us with stuff like "make the most
of this season, it will be your last in the PL". Then in the ground, the homophobia was the worst I've
known apart from Swansea. That's why I detest Leicester. Oh and the city is a dump.

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
I remember in our first PL season, I walked past a home pub in Leicester with some others
wearing Albion colours. A few of them took the piss out of us with stuff like "make the most
of this season, it will be your last in the PL". Then in the ground, the homophobia was the worst I've
known apart from Swansea. That's why I detest Leicester. Oh and the city is a dump.

The Richard III visitor centre is good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here