Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Leeds United *** Official Match Thread ***

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Very much enjoyed the septics meltdown in the dug out.

Quite enjoyable hearing how “Albion aren’t nuffin” and how we only won due to having the ref on our side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
It's the first time this season that GP has used five subs and we certainly needed them in those last 7-8 mins being fresh. Dizzy heights reached and long may it continue. :albion2:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Great result.

We're a really good team. A genuinely very decent top flight football team. I've seen the Newcastle and Leeds game live and what I find astonishing is the quality of football. Ours is breathtaking at times but Newcastle and Leeds were both very god at times too. For what are essentially three mid table teams it's incredible how good the players are.

We all need to appreciate what we're watching because it's pretty special. Potter is doing a ridiculously good job. The day we lose him will leave us in a big hole. We're as good and as well organised as we were under Hughton in the Championship. Except we're doing it in the premier league. Remarkable.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
We're a really good team. A genuinely very decent top flight football team. I've seen the Newcastle and Leeds game live and what I find astonishing is the quality of football. Ours is breathtaking at times but Newcastle and Leeds were both very god at times too. For what are essentially three mid table teams it's incredible how good the players are.

Looking at the list of managers, I know people have thei doubts about Gerrard and Lampard, but the list of them is not what you would have had a few years ago (with the exception of Moyes and Rodgers). There isn't the usual spots taken up by those standard go tos - allardyce, bruce, hughes, pulis, pardew, warnock, etc. Bringing in younger coaches, with fresh ideas has, I think played a part. That's not to disparage some of the achievements of those managers, but without them, it certainly seems more of the 'lesser' teams are playing better football.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Looking at the list of managers, I know people have thei doubts about Gerrard and Lampard, but the list of them is not what you would have had a few years ago (with the exception of Moyes and Rodgers). There isn't the usual spots taken up by those standard go tos - allardyce, bruce, hughes, pulis, pardew, warnock, etc. Bringing in younger coaches, with fresh ideas has, I think played a part. That's not to disparage some of the achievements of those managers, but without them, it certainly seems more of the 'lesser' teams are playing better football.

Yes, good point.

At times watching on tv it can be difficult to appreciate how good they are but live it's clear to see.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Well deserved, just need to be more clinical, should have been 3 or 4

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
MOTD will be great viewing tonight.

But I wish they’d spend a bit more time on analysis of the not so bleeding obvious eg the brilliant defending of Veltman, the growing partnership of Caicedo/Mac A.

If it was their beloved Manure, it would be the full zzzz works,

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
First half was all us. Second half Leeds improved, and started throw more and more players forward after our goal. We lost our shape at times towards the end, but overall a decent performance.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
First half was all us. Second half Leeds improved, and started throw more and more players forward after our goal. We lost our shape at times towards the end, but overall a decent performance.

Always pleasing to see us score just as the opponents are getting on top though.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Yeah, well, when it comes to rigging votes, we aren't exactly angels ourselves, are we?

Feels like we haven’t done one in ages though. Shame really, I’ve got nothing else better to do with my time personally.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I was shocked at how poor Leeds were, the passing was abysmal - some of the cross field passing was some of the worst I have seen.

Dan James is one of the worst PL footballers Ive seen

Jack Harrison was the only one that looked decent from the outfield players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here