Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Leeds United *** Official Match Thread ***

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Just heard on the radio, that this is a new club record of 9 consecutive top-flight games without losing.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
Great start to the season- thrilled to bits. Was stressful watching at times today. Thought it was a nailed on 1-1 with last minute equaliser. What was Pervy doing crossing it to their centre forward! Caicedo should have been subbed mid second half. He was gassed and kept giving it away. Potters subs were genius. If they hadn’t of worked we would have drawn. Lamptey on to deal with Siniserra threat. Mitoma fresh legs and Van Hecke to shore it up. Great stuff as Harty once said

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Jeeeez not a lot of intelligence, emotional or otherwise, shown in that last half hour.

Thankfully they were shittier than us in front of goal.

larus

The BBC player ratings has most of the Leeds players scoring higher than Brighton, yet they still lost.

I guess it goes to prove that quoting the BBC stats is pointless. No-one could possibly say it was a lucky win against the run of play, so just goes to show how useful these type of 'fans' votes really are.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Pascal Gross

"We deserved to win. We played really well."

"Sometimes the last pass was missing, but I saw a good game and a good performance against a very good team."

"A goal is always big in the game. It comes down to small margins in the Premier League, so we'll take the result today."

"I thought we were playing well and in the second half we were confident we would win the game."

"We're just taking it game by game. It's a good start, but we're just focusing on the next game."

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I see that some Palace fans were happy to have thrown away a two goal lead and lost because it meant that we ended the day, not top, but in second on goal difference:

https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=287086&page=43

Bless them, after all that pretending that they don't care about us, they show that we mean everything to them. How touching to know. I feel a bit weepy.

Oh, my mistake. Turns out it was different tears: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
The BBC player ratings has most of the Leeds players scoring higher than Brighton, yet they still lost.

I guess it goes to prove that quoting the BBC stats is pointless. No-one could possibly say it was a lucky win against the run of play, so just goes to show how useful these type of 'fans' votes really are.

That would be all the non-travelling disappointed Leeds fans giving Albion players '1' on the ratings.

Theyr'e definitely to be taken with a very large pinch of salt.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
That Yankee **** said Brighton man marked Leeds in the 1st half, WTF is he talking about,
Potter has never sent his team out to man mark a team ever.
Wan*er

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
What was going on in the away end after Gross scored? Seemed to be a bit of aggro and looked like at least one guy got taken out by the stewards.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
That Yankee **** said Brighton man marked Leeds in the 1st half, WTF is he talking about,
Potter has never sent his team out to man mark a team ever.
Wan*er

Kind of shows how out of his depth he is. I am imagining this early start will not be sustained.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Kind of shows how out of his depth he is. I am imagining this early start will not be sustained.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He celebrated the Chelsea red card like a goal last week....classless chav.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Graham Potter

"When the score’s only 1-0, we know how it is. The boys defend with responsibility and make it hard for the opponent regardless."

"Generally we defended the situations well and deserved the win."

"The mood is really positive. We have full respect for our opponents and of the competition."

"All we can do is remain humble and hard-working. We have to keep that going."

On missing chances:

"It’s just about getting in those positions more often, which we’ve done quite well. It’s about being balanced as a team, creating chances and not conceding many. This season so far we’ve done that OK as well. It’s always about the balance of the team."

On Pascal Gross:

"He does pretty much everything in the team. He’s in the form of his life, I’d say. He’s a great guy to have and a very important member of the team."

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011

The BBC is hugely bias.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
On Pascal Gross:

"He does pretty much everything in the team. He’s in the form of his life, I’d say. He’s a great guy to have and a very important member of the team."[/QUOTE]

Understatement of the year?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here