Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Leeds United *** Official Match Thread ***

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Falling over because they kept hacking us down. Dirtiest team I have seen in ages.

The narrative in Leeds fans minds that the ref was giving us too much was set into them from about 20 minutes in. We had been given 6 or 7 free kicks, and them 1 or 0. The travelling support started getting tetchy because of this, but they were some of the clearest fouls I have ever seen. Gave the ref no choice.

Recidivist

Apr 28, 2019
Worthing
I was shocked at how poor Leeds were, the passing was abysmal - some of the cross field passing was some of the worst I have seen.

Dan James is one of the worst PL footballers Ive seen

Jack Harrison was the only one that looked decent from the outfield players.

Thought Aaronson looked very good. Only outfield player who consistently got past our defenders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Falling over because they kept hacking us down. Dirtiest team I have seen in ages.

Really cynical too, started from the off with Groß which the ref didn’t see anything wrong with.

Reminded me of Burnley tactics from recent years

At least we came away with 3 points

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
I have noticed that when a team loses to Brighton - the phrase ‘really should be beating teams like Brighton’ has now been replaced with ‘Brighton are a good side’

This I feel is the real progress we have made since promotion to the Prem.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
The narrative in Leeds fans minds that the ref was giving us too much was set into them from about 20 minutes in. We had been given 6 or 7 free kicks, and them 1 or 0. The travelling support started getting tetchy because of this, but they were some of the clearest fouls I have ever seen. Gave the ref no choice.
I counted 9 fouls by Dirty Leeds in the first half-an-hour and could/should have had at least 4 yellow cards. Nearly every time we beat their midfield we were brought down. i think the ref dished out 2 yellows. They're not called dirty leeds for nothing. Their manager instils this mentality because last season they got streamrollled most games without any fight imo.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I’ve seen a few comments recently saying Brighton are a physical team. Never thought that myself but then started to think about Bissouma (obvs) Veltman, Dunky, Webster and Mac and they are not exactly shrinking violets are they? In fact they can all handle themselves, even Solly.
Maybe there is a physical side to our game that passes me by. I probably unconsciously excuse every foul we make! That will be it.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I’ve seen a few comments recently saying Brighton are a physical team. Never thought that myself but then started to think about Bissouma (obvs) Veltman, Dunky, Webster and Mac and they are not exactly shrinking violets are they? In fact they can all handle themselves, even Solly.
Maybe there is a physical side to our game that passes me by. I probably unconsciously excuse every foul we make! That will be it.

Webster's booking was the result of quite a physical challenge. Wouldn't have been surprised if it had been a red, but think he kept his studs down. But quite a lot of physicality is actually just 'strength' - nothing dirty about it, unlike our opponents yesterday. Veltman is more sneaky than anything else - he gets away with quite a bit and looks so innocent about it all....

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Webster's booking was the result of quite a physical challenge. Wouldn't have been surprised if it had been a red, but think he kept his studs down. But quite a lot of physicality is actually just 'strength' - nothing dirty about it, unlike our opponents yesterday. Veltman is more sneaky than anything else - he gets away with quite a bit and looks so innocent about it all....

Shush walls have ears and all that you never know who’s reading NSC the first rule of Veltman supporting club is to never mention the dark arts

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here