Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion v Leeds United *** Official Match Thread ***

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Gutted, we should of won that, it's like how Blackpool played against us last week - very attacking but no end product.

If we play like we did tonight we would beat Peterborough.

Feb 14, 2010
three train stations within 10 mins of selhurst, perhaps the ground is in the wrong place but then they would'nt have got the grants

The ground is in the right place, just let people park in the two large estates by the ground, as people do up and down the country or stop moaning that people leave early. I dont live down there anymore but I could just about make an evening game if i could park in 'scombe or Coldean, but I simply wont drive to some place to get a bus to and from the ground to my car. Just not doing it.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I blame Gus for not getting the penalties down to science and losing two points tonight.

Attendance average now at 25,751 which is higher than 77-78 in Div 2 @ 25,264.

Hard running and hard work made us have the edge. Buckley looked world class. Reminded me of Jairzinho (Brazil) and there is no better compliment than that.

Nobody had a bad game except Gus for not sorting out the penalties. Orlandi miss. I think Noone would have hit the bar same result.

Leeds looked shot to bits but held on but I said that about Leicester.

My Intuition,(Tonight) says it is the Albion and Palace to go up and Cardiff to bottle it. I think Leeds should get their 52 points this season.

PS: My intuition is unreliable.

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The ground is in the right place, just let people park in the two large estates by the ground, as people do up and down the country or stop moaning that people leave early. I dont live down there anymore but I could just about make an evening game if i could park in 'scombe or Coldean, but I simply wont drive to some place to get a bus to and from the ground to my car. Just not doing it.

One of the pitfalls of having a city council run by the Greens.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
After tonight's performance it looks like we have got back our mojo.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

Yeah thats it, f*** anyone else who lives near the stadium on one of the estates who were there BEFORE the stadium came along. Club will hardly want to piss the neighbours off, since were in the community and all.

People will always leave early for whatever reason and its stupid why people get their knickers in a twist over it, they pay for their ticket, they can leave when they want - there are NO restrictions.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I think, for me personally, this is the most disappointing result we have had this season. We literally battered them but, as usual, couldn't find the onion bag. Should have had it wrapped up about 3 or 4 times, but I still found one or two things totally out of my league... Dicker for Orlandi... what was that about?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I blame Gus for not getting the penalties down to science and losing two points tonight.

Attendance average now at 25,751 which is higher than 77-78 in Div 2 @ 25,264.

Hard running and hard work made us have the edge. Buckley looked world class. Reminded me of Jairzinho (Brazil) and there is no better compliment than that.

Nobody had a bad game except Gus for not sorting out the penalties. Orlandi miss. I think Noone would have hit the bar same result.

Leeds looked shot to bits but held on but I said that about Leicester.

My Intuition,(Tonight) says it is the Albion and Palace to go up and Cardiff to bottle it. I think Leeds should get their 52 points this season.

PS: My intuition is unreliable.

I appreciate that you're slightly mental, but to blame Gus for the penalty miss is just ridiculous. I'm by no means the greatest Gus fan in the world but that's just taking the piss.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
I'm going to be daring.

PIG
BRUNO GREER EL-ABD BRIDGE

LOPEZ BRIDCUTT ORLANDI

BUCKLEY CMS LUA LUA

All-out fooking attack, mercilessly smash past their left/right back and smash it in for CMS to over-head kick it back into the net.

Brighton 3
Buckley (30)
CMS (47)
Lopez (81)

Leeds 1
Greer (O.G 91)

I should have put a bet on the time of cms' second goal....and also CMS also scored against them this time last year on the 47th minute...

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Had more good moments in than the last three games combined. We really should have won easily. Really enjoyed the game for a change and I think we'll beat Peterborouogh on Tuesday. Missed pen apart CMS was excellent and we looked much more of a threat with Orlandi and Buckley playing.

If that's the sort of footy we serve up every game I'd be very happy indeed.

Was generally a good night though. Thought the atmosphere was better than last couple of games, got the pie I actually ordered and Azure hadn't murdered it and even had some banter with a couple of Leeds fans on the train home.

In short, more of that but with better finishing please.

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
I guess this belongs in here. Thought I would share a photo I took just before kick-off.

ZzKUj.jpg

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Leeds United: Spot-on Kenny’s heroics save Whites - Latest Whites News - Yorkshire Evening Post

I thought it was speed and hard work that gave us the advantage. We could use a bit more guile from 12 yards. I see penalties and one on ones as a battle of wits with the keeper. In the Championship this aspect is harder as quick reactions do not work as well as the lower divisions. Neither Barnes nor Macca seem to have this. Lopez shows no sign of getting into the box to score.

Leeds get battered every other week. We always needed a two goal advantage with Diouf on the pitch for them.

Nearly got the team right: I just had Crofts instead of Hammond, but I was two minds anyway.

Last edited:

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think, for me personally, this is the most disappointing result we have had this season. We literally battered them but, as usual, couldn't find the onion bag. Should have had it wrapped up about 3 or 4 times, but I still found one or two things totally out of my league... Dicker for Orlandi... what was that about?

Substitutes came on too late. Lualua would have been the natural substitute for Orlandi but he was not on the bench (understandable after his poor performance against Ipswich). We had to keep el Abd on because of Becchio.

Did not seem much wrong with the side if we had Vicente instead of Orlandi and somebody who knew how to put the ball in the back of the net.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here