Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion sign Sheffield United winger Jamie Murphy on a four-yeat deal

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Also looks to be able to shoot with both feet. Bonus :lolol:

Oct 25, 2005
Hangleton
I'll be feeling pretty optimistic if he signs and I'd say the recruitment team will have done a good job over the summer. Hope we don't pay too much for him though - think league 1 player in comparison to Buckley's fee to Sunderland.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Looks very similar to Adam Johnson in his style of play. Looks a vey good player.
Now let's get Marshall in on the other wing to complete the job.

Bennett would be my guess, when Norwixh have finished shopping

I love Elliott Bennett :) and considerably cheaper than Marshall

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Has he actually been spotted down here?

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
I'll be feeling pretty optimistic if he signs and I'd say the recruitment team will have done a good job over the summer. Hope we don't pay too much for him though - think league 1 player in comparison to Buckley's fee to Sunderland.

I would love to feel as optimistic as you, but after last summer and so many fans saying then that we had made good signings in August, I think I am going to wait until the end of September before praising or not our recruitment team.

Oct 25, 2005
Hangleton
I would love to feel as optimistic as you, but after last summer and so many fans saying then that we had made good signings in August, I think I am going to wait until the end of September before praising or not our recruitment team.

Hmmm I said I'd be pretty optimistic... Still a level of caution at present. For example who knows if Hemed will really cut it in the Championship - hope so!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What if Blackburn are just holding out for a better offer? Marshall plays on the right wing and is interested in joining us. It wouldn't surprise me if we are still interested in him.

I think we're still interested, but the two valuations are miles apart.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That's cheating. No one can know how they'll all perform 1) under Chris, 2) together, 3) in the championship, until it happens.

The recruitment team have to get the best they can with the finances available, and it's only fair we judge them now/at the end of the window, not with hindsight. IMO.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
That's cheating. No one can know how they'll all perform 1) under Chris, 2) together, 3) in the championship, until it happens.

The recruitment team have to get the best they can with the finances available, and it's only fair we judge them now/at the end of the window, not with hindsight. IMO.

OK LOL judge away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here