Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion sign Sheffield United winger Jamie Murphy on a four-yeat deal

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Last thing said to me was , and I quote ''It looks like he's going to Brighton'' but that was last Tuesday. I havnt bothered following up because if you keep bugging people about the same they stop telling you things. I can only imagine there are negotiations going on behind the scenes

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Last thing said to me was , and I quote ''It looks like he's going to Brighton'' but that was last Tuesday. I havnt bothered following up because if you keep bugging people about the same they stop telling you things. I can only imagine there are negotiations going on behind the scenes
Fingers crossed then. Thank you.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Sounding like this deal could be close?
Player rumoured to have been at Lancing.

If you're referring to Twitter nobody said it was def Murphy who was shown round Lancing - careful what you pass on! If it's not from there ignore me..

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Could be all be hinging on an "Ahh Bisto" moment :wink:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
link? Or what was said?

What I passed in earlier on the other thread. A mate was told a league 1 striker from a play off team would be signing soon. He says the source is good but didn't get given a name. Most have assumed it's Murphy. He said the player has been shown round the facilities but didn't know who player was. Didn't want it mid quoted on here which (if he was referring to the tweets) the chap above did....(misquote)

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Why is it always a military operation when we try and sign someone?

I open the papers daily to read stories about players signing for various clubs in the Championship but we get a 20 page (and counting) thread about someone who might just possibly sign but we're not sure yet. and actually probably won't.

I wish the club would stop pi*ssing around and get on with it.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

I open the papers daily to read stories about players signing for various clubs in the Championship but we get a 20 page (and counting) thread about someone who might just possibly sign but we're not sure yet. and actually probably won't.

We do seem to have a lot of problems finally getting our signings over the line.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
We do seem to have a lot of problems finally getting our signings over the line.

I think it is done on the quiet to stop other clubs coming in with a counter offer - I have a sneaky feeling this one is very close. Tried to prise some info on this but got no response so I think both clubs want deal done. They will want the money so that they can spend themselves in this window

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes but don't under estimate the pulling power we have with WAG's who see a coastal town as a great place to bring up their children
Not to mention the enormous pulling power of our shiny new stadium and brand new state-of-the-art training complex .........

........ oh

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Not to mention the enormous pulling power of our shiny new stadium and brand new state-of-the-art training complex .........i

........ oh

Correct, wages are the key and what best deal the players agent can achieve, it's got very little to do with ground, city, history ect unless you are Barcelona!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Do you avidly read other clubs' forums then to establish whether they are in fact exactly the same? I bet loads of clubs are doing just that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here