Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion 2023/24 home kit

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Not a fan of the way the stripes stop, and the back as always looks absolutely shite unless you pay for name and number. Some of the shirt ideas designed by fans last month were far better.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Seem to have thin stripes every two years. Favourite ? I'm a thin rather than a thick stripe man.

View attachment 163642
Thin stripes are definitely better than thick 👍🏻

Blue shorts and socks would be a huge upgrade 👍🏻

But it looks like it might be the worst of the four in this image 😫 and none of them were good kits. Oh well, hardly going to upgrade on my old L1 home shirt so wait another two years and see if we ever move on from Nike.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Stick to the retro Bukta kit on sale in the club shop. Classic design, no sponsor name, and made of cotton so much nicer to wear.

The new one is almost OK but the solid blue shoulders seem pointless and spoil it. Worst part though is the back with that big white patch. Only kids should have a name and/or number. Adults look a bit silly with their name or the name of their top fave player on it.

I prefer the away kit though there's still a big blank patch on the back. I'm very surprised that there are two different stripe designs for the home and away shirts. Surely the stripes are a brand and should be the same except for different colours?

Oh well. I've never bought a current replica shirt and don't intend starting now so when all's said and done I'm not that bothered.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Comfortably the worse home shirt since moving to the Amex.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Nike really do produce some of the laziest, uninspiring shirts going.

It winds me up that I get so wound up about it but good grief I'd love it if they employed someone with a bit of bravery in their design team.
All the comments about Nike being lazy jar somewhat. They presumably don’t dictate what the kit will look like, I presume. I would trust there is an element of briefing or communication and the club would agree the kit.
”can we have one without a collar this year”
”we don’t want anything too outrageous.”
”we like the idea of block colour on the shoulders.”
”we don’t like the stripe bang in the middle”

I really like it anyway, especially with blue socks and shorts!!!:bloom:

The "off-centre stripes" on the new shirt mean that the club badge now sits centred on the edge of two stripes.

I don't hate it. Would have preferred a blue back though.

Shame the Amex logo is floating in a huge empty space in the stripes, it's a lot tighter on the away shirt.

Screenshot 2023-07-17 at 17.23.22.png
Screenshot 2023-07-17 at 17.23.37.png

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Nike really do produce some of the laziest, uninspiring shirts going.

It winds me up that I get so wound up about it but good grief I'd love it if they employed someone with a bit of bravery in their design team.
Bravery as in what ? I saw a fake mock-up with diagonal blue and white stripes last week, would that be considered "brave" ? I can just imagine the complete MELTDOWN on here if we went down that kind of route with something totally off-piste.

The main consensus seems to be thats its a bit dull, a bit meh. Well, its a blue and white striped shirt, there's not a whole lot you can do with that apart from arsing about with the width of the stripes, which has also been done plenty of times before.

My opinion - its fine. They've not done anything weird with it. Its just a standard average typical Albion blue and white striped shirt. What else do people want ?? 🤷‍♂️

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here