Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton has become an object lesson in why it is a disaster to vote Green.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Two 'major' errors - how very melodramatic of you.

Lewes Road often flowed freely when I used it when it was re-built into a road to cater more for the majority of users. True, it's horribly busy during rush hours, but to whine about the road while roadworks are going on doesn't hold much water.

You ask me to clarify my point, then demand an apology before I have a chance to answer...?

The council has wanted to improve sustainable transport links across the city for years, yet you're using the death of a student as a political comment 'All because sadly a poor bike-riding student was killed' as 'an attempt to bludgeon/bore car commuters to ditch their evil cars.'

'All because...?' Did you really think that this is what the project is about - one person's death? 'Evil cars...?' What sort of comment is that?

So, no 'major errors', therefore I am using my balls to not apologise.

An intellectual heavyweight is moaning about the roadworks in the Argus today :moo:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
yes very strange indeed, can only pray the fella was on a wind up.

Why would you worry if it was a wind-up? What if I find you strangely attractive and irresistible? The strength of your denials lead me to believe something wonderful burns deep within your heart and belly and soul. There are times when... I don't know, certain things just overtake us, and we are powerless to do anything about it, and we get carried along on a wave of liberation, happiness, desire and wantonness. It happens to us all at one point or another...

Probably.

despite all the abuse he gave me I got given 3 points by the moderator. I'd like to think he received the same.

Nope. Not yet. I was very considered in my rebuttal of your hysteria, honeybunny. x

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
Why would you worry if it was a wind-up? What if I find you strangely attractive and irresistible? The strength of your denials lead me to believe something wonderful burns deep within your heart and belly and soul. There are times when... I don't know, certain things just overtake us, and we are powerless to do anything about it, and we get carried along on a wave of liberation, happiness, desire and wantonness. It happens to us all at one point or another...

Probably.
honeybunny. x

you are sick:sick:

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Two 'major' errors - how very melodramatic of you.

Lewes Road often flowed freely when I used it when it was re-built into a road to cater more for the majority of users. True, it's horribly busy during rush hours, but to whine about the road while roadworks are going on doesn't hold much water.

You ask me to clarify my point, then demand an apology before I have a chance to answer...?

The council has wanted to improve sustainable transport links across the city for years, yet you're using the death of a student as a political comment 'All because sadly a poor bike-riding student was killed' as 'an attempt to bludgeon/bore car commuters to ditch their evil cars.'

'All because...?' Did you really think that this is what the project is about - one person's death? 'Evil cars...?' What sort of comment is that?

So, no 'major errors', therefore I am using my balls to not apologise.

Predictably Large One didn't admit his clear error on NSC. Where a member stated "sadly a poor bike-riding student was killed", Large One read into it something else and most bizarrely ??? responded with "What a thoroughly unpleasant person you are".

That says everything you need to know about Large One's 'personality'.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Predictably Large One didn't admit his clear error on NSC. Where a member stated "sadly a poor bike-riding student was killed", Large One read into it something else and most bizarrely ??? responded with "What a thoroughly unpleasant person you are".

That says everything you need to know about Large One's 'personality'.

You too are being selective with the statement.

He stated that the policy of improoving the cycle lane in Lewes Road was based on one person being killed. "All because sadly a poor bike-riding student was killed...".

I find that attitude pretty awful. Many people have been killed and injured on that stretch of road over the years and a solution needed to be found. To consider that this was done 'all because' of one poor cyclist is dismissively disrespectful and unpleasant to the other victims.

But you believe you can know everything about my personality from that point? How most imaginative of you.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
You too are being selective with the statement.

He stated that the policy of improoving the cycle lane in Lewes Road was based on one person being killed. "All because sadly a poor bike-riding student was killed...".

I find that attitude pretty awful. Many people have been killed and injured on that stretch of road over the years and a solution needed to be found. To consider that this was done 'all because' of one poor cyclist is dismissively disrespectful and unpleasant to the other victims.

But you believe you can know everything about my personality from that point? How most imaginative of you.

But there's a war going on, and it's against the motorist.
For what it's worth, I think your personality is charming. You can go on a bit at times though, honeybun.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here