Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton fans - I'm starting to hate them

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
After I posted my comment, yes. Sorry. Your post just wound me up :down:

No probs, but to be honest I'm not surprised it wound you up, I feel a bit of a Twat for posting it in the first place

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Couldn't agree with you more, Commander!

We appear to have completely lost our collective imagination and have become a gloomy shadow of our former selves.

VERY disappointing. Especially the humour bypass operation we seem to have undergone with our songs.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
In the 40 odd years I`ve been supporting The Albion I`m not saying I haven`t had a few run ins with opposition fans because I have but I`ve had a darn sight more with Brighton supporters when we`ve been away. They have a few bottles of Becks, get away from their parents for a day and generally act like complete knobs.
I get embarrassed at times when we are on trains going away and they start some of the chants when there are women and children right next to them.
But like its been said they can go oh so quiet at certain times.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I didn't go last night but, this has sort of always been the case. There are unimaginitive songs that have always come out from 17-20yr olds. I remember a group in the North that used to start stupid lazy "insert team here" songs that were usually drowned out by decent hard core fans.

I used to act like a bit of a plonker 20yrs ago when at away games, when I look back on it now. As someone else said, they will grow out of it.

Full respect to the NSK trying to sing decent team supporting songs. If they catch on, and I think they will we'll have a good source of songs and especially the GOSBTS sung correctly.

Ignore the twats, there will always be some. At Hull last week, me and a few mates were singing the Noone song "HE tiled Gerrard's house". And this dick head ex H block withdean knob started saying thats shit, do the "He'll probably rob your house" line. His mates all laughed and said "yeah, thats much better". No said we, its just a copy of the Plymouth song word for word, not very nice for Noone and our version is much better!
They just looked at us like their brains couldn't compute?? Its these guys that are the true dick heads, not the youngsters that will grow up.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Kids acting like dicks! Shock horror. If you don't like the song don't join in, same as the were f***ing brilliant song, should've been banished to London road last season. Whenever it gets an airing I cringe but choose not to join in.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
So will Birmingham be like this ?

Richard Reynold's Haircut

grammatically poor
Oct 3, 2011
Peacehaven
Cannot put into words my agreement with the original poster.

Our fans are now RUINING away games for me, whereas they used to do quite the opposite.

There's too many absolute knobs going. If it's not the chavs/dicks (everywhere is a shithole, I wanna go home) it's the simpleton goons (singing we are the north stand - at an away game). Most of them have never played a game of football at any level in their life. As an example, Some of the cretins last night ripping into LuaLua because he was unable to control two woeful passes at his neck were unbelievable. They don't even have a basic understanding of the game.

It used to be fun watching the Albion away even if we lost, because the atmosphere was electric and there was still an element of 'banter'. Now, some absolute cocks have made it their mission to be the ones starting new songs left, right and centre. Problem is, they've got about 1 braincell between them, they're too simple to notice that everyone around them thinks what they are singing is shit. Take the new 'palace' song for example, how did they not realise people would object? They are clueless. Singing Casper Ankergren solidly for 45 minutes? No, it's not funny, it's quite boring, but the 10 mates all found it hilarious. No surprise to see they were stood in front of an 'ultras' flag. And don't even get me started on that magiko rubbish, I've done that to death. Then there's the fanzine mob singing their drivel about "Calde" as if it's a proper player song. No, a player song is "Oh Gary Hart", one that thousands can join in with. Not some SHIT about a players nickname and the 'scum' from St Marys (what?). 2 years later, no more than 20 people join in with this crap. But still they keep singing it.

I have no objection to an increased range of chants. I have no objection to flags. And I have no objection to attempts to ramp up an atmosphere (hell, I love Richard reynolds!!) But I do object to people being so stubborn that they insist on enforcing their wanky songs on everyone else purely because a few of their mates like them, and refuse to accept that others don't, even when the overwhelming evidence (hardly anyone else joining ing) suggests this.

The problem is, small groups/clique's aren't going to be able to get everyone going, because their are too many different mindsets. Some people want to be effing and blinding every few minutes, others want to be singing about "calde", "kaz" "cms" and "bha". Look at the divides already, the debates about the NSK, it's not natural for a 'united' crowd to be so split. What's the solution? Some sort of middleground compromise, which you would think should suit a majority of supporters. How to get that going though? God knows. But I hope it does sooner or later, as it's taking half the fun out of football.

Thank god the new stadium is, at the moment at least, making up for it.

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
Spot on Commander.
As others have said it is far worse for the local away games, last night being a prime example. It was embarrassing. Yes, our away support was good last night imo, but it would have been a lot better if we were actually getting behind our team, rather than simply slating Millwall! Sadly i expect the same at Birmingham, i hope i'm wrong as its more humiliating every time we do it, as well as the fact i live in Brum and love the place!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Our fans are now RUINING away games for me, whereas they used to do quite the opposite.

There's too many absolute knobs going. If it's not the chavs/dicks (everywhere is a shithole, I wanna go home) it's the simpleton goons (singing we are the north stand - at an away game). Most of them have never played a game of football at any level in their life. As an example, Some of the cretins last night ripping into LuaLua because he was unable to control two woeful passes at his neck were unbelievable. They don't even have a basic understanding of the game.

It used to be fun watching the Albion away even if we lost, because the atmosphere was electric and there was still an element of 'banter'. Now, some absolute cocks have made it their mission to be the ones starting new songs left, right and centre. Problem is, they've got about 1 braincell between them, they're too simple to notice that everyone around them thinks what they are singing is shit. Take the new 'palace' song for example, how did they not realise people would object? They are clueless. Singing Casper Ankergren solidly for 45 minutes? No, it's not funny, it's quite boring, but the 10 mates all found it hilarious. No surprise to see they were stood in front of an 'ultras' flag. And don't even get me started on that magiko rubbish, I've done that to death. Then there's the fanzine mob singing their drivel about "Calde" as if it's a proper player song. No, a player song is "Oh Gary Hart", one that thousands can join in with. Not some SHIT about a players nickname and the 'scum' from St Marys (what?). 2 years later, no more than 20 people join in with this crap. But still they keep singing it.

I have no objection to an increased range of chants. I have no objection to flags. And I have no objection to attempts to ramp up an atmosphere (hell, I love Richard reynolds!!) But I do object to people being so stubborn that they insist on enforcing their wanky songs on everyone else purely because a few of their mates like them, and refuse to accept that others don't, even when the overwhelming evidence (hardly anyone else joining ing) suggests this.

The problem is, small groups/clique's aren't going to be able to get everyone going, because their are too many different mindsets. Some people want to be effing and blinding every few minutes, others want to be singing about "calde", "kaz" "cms" and "bha". Look at the divides already, the debates about the NSK, it's not natural for a 'united' crowd to be so split. What's the solution? Some sort of middleground compromise, which you would think should suit a majority of supporters. How to get that going though? God knows. But I hope it does sooner or later, as it's taking half the fun out of football.

But only y'day or the day before you were having a pop at NSK. Your cringe at their very existence remember, most likely because you have such personal misconceptions you're verging on bigotry. So you actively contribute to such a dis-united support. My solution is sit down, shut up. Or stand up, join in. But don't "cringe" from the sidelines at those at least making an effort.

Well done Ultras/NSK or anyone for that matter who tried to get GOSBTS going properly yesterday. Don't let the JCL-negatives get you down.

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
A few chants are funny but fans need to know where the borderline is and what's not funny and not true.

grammatically poor
Oct 3, 2011
Peacehaven
But only y'day or the day before you were having a pop at NSK. Your cringe at their very existence remember, most likely because you have such personal misconceptions you're verging on bigotry. So you actively contribute to such a dis-united support. My solution is sit down, shut up. Or stand up, join in. But don't "cringe" from the sidelines at those at least making an effort.

Well done Ultras/NSK or anyone for that matter who tried to get GOSBTS going properly yesterday. Don't let the JCL-negatives get you down.

I used to enjoy atmosphere a long time before the NSK and hopefully will do so again. I'm not going to endure people singing absolute shit on the justification they are 'at least making an effort'. If i'm cringing, it's because people are coming up with cringeworthy stuff. If they want to continue to make an effort then good luck to them, it would just be nice if they looked beyond their little gangs and were capable of working out what's good and what's rubbish, rather than thinking they're comedians because a bunch of 10 other like-minded 15 year olds out of a crowd of 2000 find it funny.

The divisions all seems to pinpoint back to when Withdean became divided and H block got taken over by clowns intent on upsetting stewards and singing rubbish, rather than getting behind the team.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I don't buy this idea that our away support has suddenly changed. For many years the London games and pretty much any other local-ish fixture have had a good proportion of idiots. Brentford, Bournemouth and Swindon away last season spring to mind in particular. Compared to that, our support at Bristol City this year was fantastic.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle

I tell you what, uniting the fans might be easier if you don't refer to various fans as: chavs/dicks, simpleton goons, cretins, absolute cocks or asserting that they've got about 1 braincell between them. You have it in for the NSK and any new song yet say you are not against flags and banners and new songs. Yes, the Calde song is not great but it is better than singing the same old shit over and over again. Maybe you should come and talk to us next time we are at a game and you will find that we are reasonable people and we may then find some common ground. It is not just us that needs to bridge the gap.

grammatically poor
Oct 3, 2011
Peacehaven
I tell you what, uniting the fans might be easier if you don't refer to various fans as: chavs/dicks, simpleton goons, cretins, absolute cocks or asserting that they've got about 1 braincell between them. You have it in for the NSK and any new song yet say you are not against flags and banners and new songs. Yes, the Calde song is not great but it is better than singing the same old shit over and over again. Maybe you should come and talk to us next time we are at a game and you will find that we are reasonable people and we may then find some common ground. It is not just us that needs to bridge the gap.

I am sure you are pleasant enough to talk to, most people are, I enjoy reading the fanzine. I am not against flags and banners so not sure what your point there is, the steve gritt one is great. but at football it's cringe central, sorry

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I used to enjoy atmosphere a long time before the NSK and hopefully will do so again. I'm not going to endure people singing absolute shit on the justification they are 'at least making an effort'. If i'm cringing, it's because people are coming up with cringeworthy stuff. If they want to continue to make an effort then good luck to them, it would just be nice if they looked beyond their little gangs and were capable of working out what's good and what's rubbish, rather than thinking they're comedians because a bunch of 10 other like-minded 15 year olds out of a crowd of 2000 find it funny.

The divisions all seems to pinpoint back to when Withdean became divided and H block got taken over by clowns intent on upsetting stewards and singing rubbish, rather than getting behind the team.

You seem confused as to who was doing what yesterday. The main group of kids have nothing to with NSK or the fanzine, they were directly behind the goal on the back row, stood on seats and just in front. Next to this you had a mixing of NSK and TSLR and people who are friends of one group or the other or both. Finally it is easy to lable everything cringe worthy without offering alternatives, the NSK forum is open to all for any song suggestions. If you can do better then we will sing your songs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here