Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton fans - I'm starting to hate them

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I think its the southern games that bring out the idiots Commander, and yes interesting coming out of The New Den all the kids are baiting Millwall then realise that the queues merge into one and suddenly go quiet.

It is, definitely. There were a load of kids behind my last night all baiting Millwall in the walkway, and then I heard one of them say "Shit, are the police letting us mix with them when we go into the queue there?" Cue much pant-shitting and silence. Truly embarrassing. Either keep singing and baiting them when you walk into them and be prepared to take whatever happens, or shut the f*** up and show some respect.

I actually saw three kids who were singing West Ham songs in the queue actually hiding behind two WPC's on the platform, while ONE 5 foot 6 skinny Millwall fan (who was carrying a manbag) was saying "You're very quiet now, aren't you, you give it all the mouth in the queue and now you're here with us you hide behind the old bill". I felt like picking the three kids up and handing them over to him.

Embarrassing, embarrassing, embarrassing.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
It's deffo not our "new" support doing this. These songs were the staple of H block for the last few seasons at Withdean, week in week out, regardless of who we were playing. They even used to do them in the same order, followed by the anti palace songs - in the same order.

Maybe you're right, I don't know.

GET a life

I've got one, I think that's the problem.

Oh, and this my my thread, and if you don't agree with me then you can go elsewhere.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Commander, it's called the 120 mile rule and it's always the same. If an away game is within 120 miles of Brighton then there are guaranteed to be a right bunch of penises there.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
You are absolutely right Commander, some these kids need to take a long hard look at their behaviour. We were stood next to them trying to get supportive songs going and all they seemed up for was singing anti Millwall stuff. All the way through Cowards Way they gave it large, with the most idiotic collection of songs I have ever heard, and as you say they went quiet as soon as we were mixed in. They regained their balls on the train though, until some Millwall fan twatted one of them. The brawl was classic, six teenagers wading in with flailing arms against one bloke, the police put an end to it before anyone got hurt though. I'm no advocate of football violence but hopefully this incident will teach these kids that they need to show some sort of respect and intelligence on away days.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Commander, it's called the 120 mile rule and it's always the same. If an away game is within 120 miles of Brighton then there are guaranteed to be a right bunch of penises there.

We have some right KNOBS away from home - and sadly i sat next to some of these pricks at the Carling Cup games at home as well. Embarrassing!

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
Come on lads, they're not really spoiling it for you are they?

I agree it was cringeworthy when people who were giving it the big'un suddenly found their balls had shrunk when they realised Millwall were in front of them.

I couldn't go last night as had to work late, wish I had seen it though as it must have been bloody hilarious! were they the so called Brighton "Ultra's", Brighton plonkers more like

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom

Never heard it called that before , but it's so true.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
What is going on with our fans? Where have all these idiots come from? And the average intelligence level seems to be falling dramatically.

This isn't a JCL rant, but when we used to go away in the dark years of the late 90's and early noughties, everyone just seemed so much better. The following wasn't full of thick idiots who didn't have a clue how to behave. We seem to have picked up a load of 17-19 year olds who think they are some kind of, well I don't know really, I would say Danny Dyer character, but it's not very Danny Dyer to sing "f*** off Millwall" and "Forever Blowing Bubbles" when hiding behind the fences in Coward's Way, and then go completely silent as soon as they are in view of the big bad boys from Millwall. They all went very quiet then, didn't they? It's embarrassing, and it's also f***ing annoying when you are face to face with all the Millwall fans, waiting to get into the queue with them and the twats behind you are singing "f*** off Millwall" from the safety of the fences behind and out of view.

These kids are going to be taught a valuable lesson at some point this season, probably somewhere where they least expect it like Barnsley, and do you know what I'm going to do? I'm going to laugh. HA HA HA!

And how thick were some of our chants last night?

"Millwall's a shithole, I wanna go home" - First of all we weren't in Millwall, it's the other side of the river, and secondly it's actually quite nice these days.

"We filled your stadium" - What the f*** is that about and why did we keep singing it? We didn't 'fill their stadium', we didn't even sell out our end, even though it is the second closest ground to us.

"You're just a small town in West Ham" - For f*** sake is that really the best we can come up with? It doesn't even make sense. It's even worse and more unoriginal than "Does your boyfriend know you're here".

I'm looking forward to the away games like Middlesbrough etc when these twats aren't there.

Good work on the lads trying to sing the proper words to GOSTBS and at the proper speed last night, you gave it a good go. It is going to take a long time for people to learn all the words though, especially the ones who just go to the odd game or the big away days.

Apart from all the shit songs and thick retards, I thought the atmosphere was good last night, we outsang Millwall easily. Shame there are still these people who cant handle their drink and feel the need to throw bottles at, er, well I'm not sure who / what at, just throw them. One came from the guy behind me, I'm not sure if he was inebriated or retarded, but he didn't seem to be able to speak English.

Maybe I'm getting old.

Maybe it's because I didn't have a beer last night for the first time at football for years. Maybe I'll be one of these twats I'm moaning about at Birmingham on the 29th. I don't think so though.

Rant over (although still plenty more available if anyone is interested).

I couldnt agree more with everything you have said. I was sat just in front of the lads singing that garbage and we were cringing. Clueless children.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
You are absolutely right Commander, some these kids need to take a long hard look at their behaviour. We were stood next to them trying to get supportive songs going and all they seemed up for was singing anti Millwall stuff. All the way through Cowards Way they gave it large, with the most idiotic collection of songs I have ever heard, and as you say they went quiet as soon as we were mixed in. They regained their balls on the train though, until some Millwall fan twatted one of them. The brawl was classic, six teenagers wading in with flailing arms against one bloke, the police put an end to it before anyone got hurt though. I'm no advocate of football violence but hopefully this incident will teach these kids that they need to show some sort of respect and intelligence on away days.

Ah, I thought something must have happened on the train before us as when I got to London Bridge there were loads of police talking to various people about something. Maybe they'll learn something from this but I doubt it if it was only one bloke, they'll come unstuck against some real nasty bastards one day.

Out of interest, what were they singing that made the bloke twat one of them? Describe the incident in detail for me, it will cheer me up on this brisk Autumnal morning.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
I couldn't go last night as had to work late, wish I had seen it though as it must have been bloody hilarious! were they the so called Brighton "Ultra's", Brighton plonkers more like

another tedious comment about the ultras. ffs at least try and understand what they're about even if you don't like the concept.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle

No, they were not the Ultras. I think you have got the wrong end of the stick entirely with regards to the Ultras anyway, we are trying to get supportive songs going not '{insert towns name here} is a shithole, I want to go home' every away match, no matter where. We were singing SBTS slowly, starting a new Ryan Harley song (unlikely to catch on as he seems a tad unpopular on here) and generally trying to vary the songs we sing a bit more.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
good post. was thinking the same last night. our away support is really poor these days, not particularly loud, spending half the time trying to start 'hilarious' chants about the opposition. those 'we pay your benefits' and 'we filled your stadium' songs are neither big, clever, or funny. we don't have any sings for players... ffs even Gus doesn't have any his own proper song yet.

what happened to backing the team for 90 mins like we should be doing?

have long since stopped enjoying away games. especially the ones in london as these are particularly prone to numptyness.

I never went last night, so can't comment on what went on. But I 100% agree with les. We should be supporting the team, not dissing the opposition. Also great post Commander. I saw a group of four dimwits coming out of the West stand Saturday, saying "lets go give those northern twats a slap" I mean come on, Hull City really? What is our beef with them? Not that I agree with fighting anyone, But I think that the Hull crowd were great, apart from the tedious 'holding hands' song. From your post Commander, it seems as though they are going to away games too now.

Monty

Feb 21, 2008
cheer up fellas! everyone has their own idea of a good away day, and if these young lads (who are spending their time and money to travel to an away game to support the albion) want to act like idiots, then let them!

So much moaning its crazy, even having a slight dig at fans who only travel up to 120 miles to an away game. Not going to be long until the only true fans are the ones who go away to Middlesborough on a tuesday night.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

:lolol: Good stuff

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
cheer up fellas! everyone has their own idea of a good away day, and if these young lads (who are spending their time and money to travel to an away game to support the albion) want to act like idiots, then let them!

So much moaning its crazy, even having a slight dig at fans who only travel up to 120 miles to an away game. Not going to be long until the only true fans are the ones who go away to Middlesborough on a tuesday night.

yeah but it's not really supporting the team is it. spending 90 mins trying to start a song about a fat bloke/slapper/steward in the adjacent stand isn't really going to help the team much.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
God HELP these kids on the 31 January 2012 thats all I can say.

When I was the same age going to the OLD Den and I hate to use the expression but you "kept your nut down" and showed a certain amount of respect.

Notters is so right about the penis rule.

Last edited:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
yeah but it's not really supporting the team is it. spending 90 mins trying to start a song about a fat bloke/slapper/steward in the adjacent stand isn't really going to help the team much.

Prove it.

Seriously, I agree with the sentiments of this thread - there is some embarrassing behaviour going on, although it doesn't ruin my enjoyment of football and I'm not even sure how anyone could actually let that happen to themselves - live and let live etc.ect.

But all that aside, you've managed to supercede all of the half reasonable comments and make two posts of complete nonsense and generic moans which are not specific to last night.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
God HELP these kids on the 31 January 2012 thats all I can say.

I was saying this earlier. They wont get away with it there, I think some of them may be in for a very nasty surprise. Good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here