Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Brighton Council urged to act after mum crashes into Elm Grove bollard

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Good job the bollard was not an inconsiderate unlit child. Should be done for driving without due care and attention. Obviously trying to get compensation, disgusting imo

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Sounds like someone doth protest too much

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
'Loads have (sic) residents have come out and said, “I can’t believe this has happened again this is the tenth accident there this year”.

So loads of residents came out of their homes and they all said exactly the same thing? What are the chances of that happening?
All mates of Karen Darwinii?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
This comment is in the article:

'Loads have (sic) residents have come out and said, “I can’t believe this has happened again this is the tenth accident there this year”.

So loads of residents came out of their homes and they all said exactly the same thing? What are the chances of that happening?
DWgmlm.gif

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
"Brighton Council urged to act"... on what exactly? Bad driving? Eyesight tests?

View attachment 154644
Thanks for posting this pic 2CTom.
This is precisely where the incident occurred. You'll see that it's surrounded by double yellow lines so, contrary to one contribution, there are no cars parked in the road at this point (you'll see that they are further down the road).
It's also the case that this is a 20mph speed zone.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
This comment is in the article:

Maybe they were polled?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
maybe you drive with your eyes open?

She’s bloody lucky there wasn’t a pedestrian standing there waiting to cross the road.
Yes, my first thought too. That bollard is marking a refuge point fo people crossing the road. God save pedestrians from drivers who just drive straight over it if it gets in their way!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Ah...Elm Grove!

I stood a little way up that to watch the Tour de France that year it came to Brighton in the 90's. I thought the peloton would be slowing down a tad come the point I was at. That wasn't the case!
I got a little bit over excited with my camera, leaning out into the road, and with the lens playing tricks on me, but for my mate yanking me back in, I might have got hit by one of the riders!
Naturally I would have sued the bollox off the rider and his team had he collided with me. Especially as he was bound to have been on drugs at the time anyway :rolleyes:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I drove back yesterday evening from oooop norf and the speed at which some drivers were belting down the M23 in the sleet and snow was quite frightening.

I was doing a pretty consistent 60-65 and one particular (female) driver must have flew past me around 70, then slow right down to 50 so I'd overtake her and then she'd fly past me again a few mins later. Honestly must have happened 8 or 9 times on the stretch from the M25 junction to the A27 turn off. You could see she was extremely unconfident in driving in those conditions.

Utter madness.
Hang about. You were doing 60-65, but another driver ‘flew’ past you at about 70? So the difference between your sensible driving and ‘belting down’ was about 5- 10 mph? Or put another way, maybe 10% faster than you. That seems a small difference for such a scathing opinion of someone else’s (female driver, but not really relevant) judgement don’t you think?

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Hang about. You were doing 60-65, but another driver ‘flew’ past you at about 70? So the difference between your sensible driving and ‘belting down’ was about 5- 10 mph? Or put another way, maybe 10% faster than you. That seems a small difference for such a scathing opinion of someone else’s (female driver, but not really relevant) judgement don’t you think?
Should have said 'well over 70'

When it's snowing and shite visibility and no street lights and they're belting down the M23, like the original article, the driver wasn't driving appropriate to the conditions and didn't look Iike she was fully in control. Imo.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I drove back yesterday evening from oooop norf and the speed at which some drivers were belting down the M23 in the sleet and snow was quite frightening.

I was doing a pretty consistent 60-65 and one particular (female) driver must have flew past me around 70, then slow right down to 50 so I'd overtake her and then she'd fly past me again a few mins later. Honestly must have happened 8 or 9 times on the stretch from the M25 junction to the A27 turn off. You could see she was extremely unconfident in driving in those conditions.

Utter madness.
She'd obviously noticed you, was smitten and was trying to attract your attention! Wasn't there a nice cosy lay-by nearby? You've missed a chance there, mate!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here