Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Brighton Council urged to act after mum crashes into Elm Grove bollard

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I think the person is just ultimately a bit thick, but I agree wholeheartedly that where there is a blame there is a claim.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
We were coming down the hill at normal speed.

Any what is normal speed in the dark, with heavy rain and parked cars on both sides of the road?

Any responsible driver would have adjusted their speed to reflect these conditions and have been able to drive past the bollard or at the every least have stopped before hitting the bollard.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
3A1BFFDF-A61B-4D00-B69A-50CF429D7223.gif

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How disrespectful and unsympathetic you lot are! No one has inquired about the poor bollard and whether he’s been traumatised. Absolutely disgraceful. :annoyed:
Get yourself over to The World Bollard Association, @WorldBollard on Twitter for that kind of in-depth reportage.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
People drive around with their head stuck up their arse most of the time. The amount of time I am not seen when riding my motorbike is alarming. Pretty much I have been able to predict the actions of the brain dead before they make their stupid decision and avoid a collision. So it does does not suprise me some one drove in the a bollard.

The bollard is not the problem.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Jul 7, 2003
Amazed she hasn't managed to crash into some of those giant plant pots that the put around the city.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
"Brighton Council urged to act"... on what exactly? Bad driving? Eyesight tests?

View attachment 154644
I don't know.

That blue arrow is very confusing. It suggests that the bollard is slightly to the left of where it actually is. Very confusing. Poor woman.

Maybe it's my eyesight, as I can't read that number plate either.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
I sympathise with the driver. Some idiot has had the audacity to paint white lines on the road. These can be off putting, then there's a plethora of trees on either side of the road. Clearer visibility of emerging traffic, and people performing illegal parking manoeuvres could be obtained, by removing all of these trees. Traffic lights abound along this route. Another formidable safety hazard. Bus stops contribute towards making this road a death trap. Why have the council encouraged the practice of having bus stops located in strategic locations along bus routes ? Are they oblivious to the potential danger that they present to the motorist? This poor motorist was presented with SO many distractions. Their plight was compounded by the fact that the gradient is extreme, and represents yet another safety hazard. The council have clearly been negligent here, by not levelling out the area between the bottom of Elm Grove and Woodingdean. This was an accident waiting to happen. I hope that the council have a good solicitor.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
A mother whose children have been left “traumatised” after the family’s car crashed into a problem bollard has urged the council to remove it.

it just came out of nowhere - I don't have a chance.
A council spokesman said 'that bollard has been hit by a woman before'.

(For the avoidance of doubt, I am NOT attaching any blame to the bollard, yet).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here