Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

brighton buses

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Whatever happened to the real time information? Same as with the trains, don't really care how randomly the buses come so long as I know when the next one's coming. The minute the real-time info board start showing a phone number to call is the time to start walking (while looking over yer shoulder to see if the next random bus is in sight). We are SO shit at public transport basics.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Whatever happened to the real time information? Same as with the trains, don't really care how randomly the buses come so long as I know when the next one's coming. The minute the real-time info board start showing a phone number to call is the time to start walking (while looking over yer shoulder to see if the next random bus is in sight). We are SO shit at public transport basics.

Indeed. The real time display was telling me to check out their abandoned twitter account.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

Yeah. I've been working in Brighton recently (just off Western Road) so I've been commuting by bus. One tiny TINY snowfall on Friday, and just when it's freezing cold and I really need them to get me up Ditchling Road the sodding useless service stops. And rather than saying 'cancelled' they just show a phone number so you don't know if your service is running or not.

And another thing (not really related but I'm ranting now). My wife has to drive round Brighton as a Community Nurse (yeah yeah 'lazy and selfish') and last year they'd arranged for people with 4x4s to come in and drive the nurses around otherwise patients in places like Woodingdean wouldn't get seen. This year that hasn't happened so this weekend she's been slipping around in her little KA as best she can; driving where possible and trudging through the snow where not. Even only making essential calls it's taken her f***ing AGES and the NHS don't pay overtime. What with that and the lack of buses we've been discussing trading up to a 4x4. It's made me think again about the role of 4x4s in Brighton I can tell you; I realise my earlier opposition to them was pathetic. Chelsea Tractors - ESSENTIAL travel for our city.

Brighton & Hove's real time bus information is getting to the stage of being clapped out. Fortunately, there are plans to replace it with something more effective and reliable over the next year or so. The system that's currently in place was a pioneering venture. The new system will be based on what is now tried and tested different technology.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here