Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Brighton bottom of the League (and Burnley top).

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
The Amex is bottom of the league for pre-match pints according to a study by AceOdds.

According to the study, there are only three pubs within 15 minutes' walking distance with only Man City worse with two (compared to 131 for St James' Park). When a weighted score using the top Google star ranked pub and the price of a pint, Brighton is dead last (£5.00 at the 4.5 rated Swan Inn); Burnley is top - £2.50(!) at the New Brew-m Pub.

Barber out!

el punal

As most fans travel to the Amex by train, be it from Brighton or Lewes, the question should be how many pubs are within a 5/10 minute walk of Brighton or Lewes station. Don’t know about Lewes but Brighton pubs within that area :
Queens Head, Grand Central, Railway Bell, Battle of Trafalgar, Sussex Yeoman, Duke of Wellington, Caxton, Evening Star, Royal Standard, Prince Albert, Nelson - that’s just for starters. :drink:

aberllefenni

Jan 15, 2009
Seem to remember a beer festival underneath the main stand at Turf Moor, when we played them in the late 90's. I wondered at the time how they managed to get a licence for that, not that I was complaining.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
131 pubs within 15-mins of St James' Park, ~1-mile, that over 40 pubs per square mile?!

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
The Swan and Falmer Bar are obvious. Is the last Ruby on Coldean Lane?

I reckon so.

Does the uni campus only have one bar now? In the late 90s/early 00s there were 4 at least. The Grapevine, East Slope and 2 others, the names of which have slipped my mind.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
As every club would like a captive audience, this proves we yet again lead the field! More seriously, as someone else said, better measure would be the 2 major rail terminals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here