Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton and Hove Albion V Q.P.R ****Official Match Thread****

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Can we also have a table for the whole of this season? I'd like to see which threadstarter is top of the table (perhaps based on average points per game?) - and then nominate them to start the next game's thread. I feel this is the way forward, rather than this tika taka approach we currently employ: we need to hoof the thread forward to the big fella up front.

Why wait until the end of the season?

thread starters 2014.03.12.jpg

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Why wait until the end of the season?

View attachment 51955

That's exactly what i was loooking for. However, I'm now in two minds. If we assume that football is a random game of luck (eg our games v Wigan and QPR at home), those at the bottom of the table have been statistically unlucky. At some point, should they not gravitate towards a normalised level of luck? Therefore, should we encourage them to have another go? Or should we go with an already "lucky" threadstarter?

Mar 13, 2014
Hello brighton fans....

Me i support Liverpool but after 15 years in excile down here I thought its was time to support my local team and vs QPR was my first outing to support yous. I have been to the Amex before when the mighty reds came and you gave us a good game but last night I was there as a brightonandhovealbionian. And as much as your team were a bit shit I really enjoyed the atmosphere and its seems yo have a great set of supporters. I didn't catch all the songs but were you really singing 'we are brighton , super brighton , brighton from the south '. . ? It seemed the most popular song. . Is there any particular history to this song ?

Any way it made me laugh and I was very impressed with the almost polite heckling of Joey Barton. How are you all finding having an out of town stadium ? Seems a bit of pain to me although it really is a 'super' ground. How is your new manager shaping up ? Do you all miss Gus poet , he seemed to be onto something ?

Anyway , thanks for a great night out .. Will see you again soon. Any links to hel me with the seagulls much appreciated and why do you hate Palace ?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Hello brighton fans....

Me i support Liverpool but after 15 years in excile down here I thought its was time to support my local team and vs QPR was my first outing to support yous. I have been to the Amex before when the mighty reds came and you gave us a good game but last night I was there as a brightonandhovealbionian. And as much as your team were a bit shit I really enjoyed the atmosphere and its seems yo have a great set of supporters. I didn't catch all the songs but were you really singing 'we are brighton , super brighton , brighton from the south '. . ? It seemed the most popular song. . Is there any particular history to this song ?

Any way it made me laugh and I was very impressed with the almost polite heckling of Joey Barton. How are you all finding having an out of town stadium ? Seems a bit of pain to me although it really is a 'super' ground. How is your new manager shaping up ? Do you all miss Gus poet , he seemed to be onto something ?

Anyway , thanks for a great night out .. Will see you again soon. Any links to hel me with the seagulls much appreciated and why do you hate Palace ?

Dear Mr Scouse chap (excellent use of 'yous', btw. I wasn't aware that it was actually possible to TYPE in scouse. Marvellous)

I think I can help with a couple of your questions.

The background to the "We are Brighton" song, is that we (that's us) are BRIGHTON, and we are from the SOUTH. Its fairly straightforward really, when you think about it.

Joey Barton did nothing wrong on the night, apart from his hair, so avoided any real bile. Thus it was all panto stuff. A bad tackle or similar, and you might have heard a more agressive response, and possibly even a few rude words.

Some miss Gus 'Poet'. Most I think, don't. Most were bored of his ego, before he left.

We hate Palace, just because.

Glad you enoyed your evening.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Hello brighton fans....

Great post if it isn't a wind up. Our dislike of palace goes back to the mid seventies when we were going up the league's together. A few tasty encounters both on and off the pitch and the rivalry was set. Palace was also the nearest club to Brighton. Our fans have been quiet post Poyet and losing to 'them' but the atmosphere was great for the final twenty minutes. Shows what a goal or two can do! Which part of Liverpool are you from, I'm from Sussex but lived there for 14 years.

Mar 13, 2014
No ..not a wind up. Me and my Lad had great night and i plan to go back often and get behind my local team. Its hard to support Liverpool down here and go to the match.

I am not from Liverpool but the (lancastrian) town of Formby up the coast.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here