Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton and Hove Albion Holdings Ltd

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I agree with Cadiz. Companies do not increase nominal share capital and create loan stock on a whim. This has been done with a specific purpose - raise funds and what do we need to raise £40m for and why so much from this method? Looks like we are raising only a fraction of the total from banks.

This is just me speculating though

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Would a company go to the expense and bother of doing this just "in case" someone comes along who wants them? OK so presumably it isn't a massive time consuming job, so surely they would only do this if they thought there was a reasonable chance of a new investor.

Not sure it's a very expensive thing to do, it's only submitting a Board Resolution to Companies House, but perhas it is difficult to get all the board together at short notice, so why not do it when they are.

It's obviously something we are seriously looking to do, but how immediate it is ..... well, I guess I'm just trying not to get my hopes up. After all, we did this to the tune of £20m a year ago, and no big player has walked through the door in the following 12 months.

Not sure it's a very expensive thing to do, it's only submitting a Board Resolution to Companies House, but perhas it is difficult to get all the board together at short notice, so why not do it when they are.

It's obviously something we are seriously looking to do, but how immediate it is ..... well, I guess I'm just trying not to get my hopes up. After all, we did this to the tune of £20m a year ago, and no big player has walked through the door in the following 12 months.

No I don't think its a major expense either or, more importantly, a long process.

If I suddenly said I want to put 40 million into the club but I want loan notes it could be organised pretty quickly. Yes you need a board meeting and you'd need to get them together but you wouldn't need everyone, just a quorum however many that might be. So if one or two weren't able to attend but it had been discussed with them out of courtesy then I don't see a problem. And, let's not forget, Tony Bloom is NOT on the board so he wouldn't have to come over from Oz.

If I'm right and it's a relatively simple and quick process then I still don't see why they would do it "just in case"

Maybe there is someone in the wings.

And I've just been ready the thread on Dick Knight stepping down.

Can any one tell me what 2 and 2 make?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Can any one tell me what 2 and 2 make?

I do agree with what you're saying, BUT, I just don't want to get too excited. Maybe we ARE in discussions with somebody, but that doesn't mean it'll all happen.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

According to Dick, their Board meetings are held on a monthly basis.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
According to Dick, their Board meetings are held on a monthly basis.

With everyone in attendance?

I attend Board meetings on a regular basis, and they will often start with "appologies" on behalf of those who cannot attend.

murciagull

Nov 27, 2006
Murcia
Ooops! - certainly should. We're restoring an 18th century cottage at the moment and just popped home for some lunch - brain is getting a bit muddled with foundations (or lack of) and deliveries of P300 concrete.

Ah........... But has the steel been ordered yet:lolol:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
mmmmm.....southampton anyone?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I've hear that the mystery man is stumping up all the cash for the stadium..but whether that is true or not I don't know but they are currently attached to the board

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why is everybody assuming that the man in question is Tony Bloom? I would be very suprised if he had that kind of money to possibly lose as indeed his uncle Ray who sold his coffee shop company, sorry his wifes coffee shop company, with debts of numerous millions I believe. I know of 1 man on the board who could afford to just write off £50m as I am sure others do, as he is one of our biggest unheard of benefactors.

Why is everybody assuming that the man in question is Tony Bloom? I would be very suprised if he had that kind of money to possibly lose as indeed his uncle Ray who sold his coffee shop company, sorry his wifes coffee shop company, with debts of numerous millions I believe. I know of 1 man on the board who could afford to just write off £50m as I am sure others do, as he is one of our biggest unheard of benefactors.

A Board member, or one of the shareholders other than TB?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Does this mean that potentially we have one indidual covering perhaps the majority of stadium costs therefore the operating profit of Falmer can service the club and be put back into tangible assets such as players etc.

The reason I ask is at present almost all turnover goes directly into players / wages.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here