Bridcutt sold £3.25million. (with Sunderland kit picture)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Poyet covering his back saying "Bridcutt putting in a transfer request is nothing to do with me"

Fecking weasel

They share the same agent, so there is obviously some insider trading. TB is strong and on this particular issue he is very strong, no ones forcing his hand, he is absolutely in the driving seat. The transfer request is an irrelevance for the club, by rejecting it our position is strengthened. I'm sure he'll go and I'm sure TB will get the top price, he knows how Poyet works and will maximise his position.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I have to say I think that is all gibberish, KG. For a start, Poyet wouldn't have been any more directly involved in transfer dealings at Albion than he is now at Sunderland; shouting his mouth off in a press conference is hardly "categorically denying they were for sale", as it wouldn't have been his decision (alone) to make. Nor is it "putting his arms around his players". In fact I can't imagine that the current Sunderland negotiators are actually very happy about those comments Poyet made about Bridcutt and Buckley; it hardly enhances their bargaining position when Poyet has been so forthright about his assessment of their worth.

And Garcia HAS expressed his desire to keep Bridcutt (and Ulloa) in a back-page article in the Argus on December 7th.

We all know that Poyet can't keep his mouth shut about anything; Garcia is clearly a different fish, and keeps his own counsel.

Bang on. Add the words "and Tony Bloom" after "counsel" too. It's simples. If Sunderland offer what Tont thinks Bridders is worth it will happen. If they don't it won't.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Poyet covering his back saying "Bridcutt putting in a transfer request is nothing to do with me"

Fecking weasel

I imagine bridcutt doesn't need to be told to put in a transfer request he probably came to that conclusion himself...so if you take that view, then it wasn't Poyet being directly responsible.....of course with it well known that Poyet wants him, then you could say he was indirectly involved...i'm surprised at the weasel accusation...perhaps a tad emotional

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Er, yeah, or he's just not admitting to illegally tapping up a player, as every single other manager in the league would do.

We were accused of this a few years ago by Fulham when a man selling insurance called at
John Marshall house and suggested he could improve his wages if he signed for a new club like Brighton

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I imagine bridcutt doesn't need to be told to put in a transfer request he probably came to that conclusion himself...so if you take that view, then it wasn't Poyet being directly responsible.....of course with it well known that Poyet wants him, then you could say he was indirectly involved...i'm surprised at the weasel accusation...perhaps a tad emotional

Nope, not vaguely emotional, if you'd read my posts when he was here you'd know there were quite a few things about his character that grated.

If you believe that Gus and his agent didn't have an input on the transfer request that's fine. I am 100% certain, in my mind, that they did.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
At the end of the day the Club is in the driving seat and if we dont get an offer which suits the club then he will have to knuckle down and play out his contract and it may spur him on to get back to his form of last year and then hopefully a bigger and better offer may come in the summer for him which will earn him and the club more money and make financial sense to both parties to let him go.
If he sulks around until the end of the season his value will drop and no one will want to buy a player that shows that sort of attitude if he doesnt get his way !!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Nope, not vaguely emotional, if you'd read my posts when he was here you'd know there were quite a few things about his character that grated.

If you believe that Gus and his agent didn't have an input on the transfer request that's fine. I am 100% certain, in my mind, that they did.

how can u be 100% certain when u aren't involved as theres been no confirmation by the parties...99% wud make sense lol

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
2aed664b26.jpg

YOUR MOVE

I'd actually prefer to buy a car from him than play poker with him. He's too too smart for mind games. Thank God he's on our side. :)

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I have to say I think that is all gibberish, KG. For a start, Poyet wouldn't have been any more directly involved in transfer dealings at Albion than he is now at Sunderland; shouting his mouth off in a press conference is hardly "categorically denying they were for sale", as it wouldn't have been his decision (alone) to make. Nor is it "putting his arms around his players". In fact I can't imagine that the current Sunderland negotiators are actually very happy about those comments Poyet made about Bridcutt and Buckley; it hardly enhances their bargaining position when Poyet has been so forthright about his assessment of their worth.

And Garcia HAS expressed his desire to keep Bridcutt (and Ulloa) in a back-page article in the Argus on December 7th.

We all know that Poyet can't keep his mouth shut about anything; Garcia is clearly a different fish, and keeps his own counsel.

I'm realising that absolutely anything can be used as a stick to beat Gus with.

When at Sunderland, Gus denies anything to do with Bridcutt's transfer request - "Its a lie, he's tapping him up, of course he's involved in the transfers"

When at Brighton, Gus states Bridcutt is not for sale - "Its irrelevant, of course Gus has nothing to do with transfers"

Oscar says nice words about Brighton fans - "Isn't it great that Oscar says this, Gus never said anything, kept his mouth shut"

Oscar doesn't say much about Brighton players "Isn't it great that Oscar doesn't shoot his mouth off, Gus couldn't keep his mouth closed"

I'm not entirely sure why we can't like and praise both of these managers.

ah well, people want to be haters, let them be haters.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

When at Sunderland, Gus denies anything to do with Bridcutt's transfer request - "Its a lie, he's tapping him up, of course he's involved in the transfers"

When at Brighton, Gus states Bridcutt is not for sale - "Its irrelevant, of course Gus has nothing to do with transfers"

Oscar says nice words about Brighton fans - "Isn't it great that Oscar says this, Gus never said anything, kept his mouth shut"

Oscar doesn't say much about Brighton players "Isn't it great that Oscar doesn't shoot his mouth off, Gus couldn't keep his mouth closed"

I think 'disliker' is much more accurate than 'hater' in most cases.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Welcome to the fickleness of football fans !

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Poyet has nothing to do with it? Are you really THAT naïve?

Poyet has turned Bridcutt's head and what you say in a rather condescending and patronising manner is true "its all part of the transfer dance or have you paid no attention to football in last 10 + years"

Clearly, but it doesn't mean that my point about Poyet being a fecking weasel isn't true.

Quite.
I think a lot of us realised some time ago that Gustavo Poyet wasn't adverse to underhand tactics in his dealings as a football manager. He demonstrated quite clearly that his own future was more important than that of BHA. In the most important few weeks in our club's history, he decided to enter into talks with another club. He then tried to blackmail the board at BHA into paying him more money. He then offered his resignation, unsettled players with veiled suggestions that he would be gainfully employed elsewhere in the following season and then to cap it all, lost focus during the play-offs, failed to concentrate, threw childish hissy fits and potentially cost the club £100m. On top of that, he has now turned the head of our best player. Its affected his recent performances and thus, our team's performances. He has undermined us again.
But apart from all that..he's the greatest thing since sliced bread. There are posters on here who would have him back in a blink of an eye. The greatest manager in our history and we owe him everything.
Icy Gull is right...he's just a fecking weasel.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports