Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt on Monday Night - Applaud or Boo ? - Discuss

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Bridcutt will certainly get applauded by me. In my view Bloom knew it was a done deal and just held out for more money, thus pissing LB and GP off royally. Yes one could say that he should still have been giving 100%, but that would naive and unrealistic. There is no doubt in my mind that he was POTS deservedly for two seasons running and this and his tireless commitment at all other times is worthy of a pre-match clap. After the whistle goes it's game on...but no booing please...

I don't think this was true. Poyet knew how much Bridcutt was getting paid and his wages (w/o bonuses) weren't all that high at Sunderland. Just a £16K basic enough to make him want to jump ship. Poyet prised him away, like I expect we do with lower league players.

Bridcutt will play professionally and he did OK in his last match v Huddersfield despite knowing it was his last match. I think he looks better than he actually is. OK when the ball is in front of him, good at making sideways passes better than receiving them. All in all, it adds an interesting non-dangerous dimension to the game. I'm glad we are not facing Buckley (touched the ball five times in 20 minutes in the away game and got both Bruno and Bong booked).

Arguably, Bridcutt is good if the team plays out of defence (slows the game down) and good at cutting out loose balls and interceptions.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I can't be bothered with such negative emotions. I'm more interested in supporting the 11 we have out than booing an ex player.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
He was a fantastic player for us and a key part of Gus plans. Both us and him have moved on since and I would struggle to summon either a cheer or a boo more a meh

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Clap and show appreciation then remind him why he left....most of all 3 points will be enough on the evening to make the point that leaving was an error.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Clap him at the start then gloves off.

Bridcutt wouldn't get into our current midfield. We're more offensive, mobile, sharper in the pass and more solid. I can't wait to play Leeds. I think we'll see how far we have come.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Bridcutt will certainly get applauded by me. In my view Bloom knew it was a done deal and just held out for more money, thus pissing LB and GP off royally. Yes one could say that he should still have been giving 100%, but that would naive and unrealistic. There is no doubt in my mind that he was POTS deservedly for two seasons running and this and his tireless commitment at all other times is worthy of a pre-match clap. After the whistle goes it's game on...but no booing please...

Do me a favour? Football is all about rivalries and pantomime characters, and LB chose to make himself the latter. By all means ignore the guy who took thousands of pounds per week from our club whilst refusing to play, having signed a lucrative contract of his own free will. But applaud him? Really?

If you really want to be so middle class as to stop rivalry, 'bantz', abuse and panto villains then please feel free to watch athletics.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
I'll boo him to the rafters. I'm an Albion fan; we showed him respect and he showed us disrespect. Obvs I'll boo, jeer and hurl some abuse in his direction. I hope he has a terrible game, scores an own goal and then gets an embarrassing, painful but not career threatening injury. I'd also like him to be forced to present the MOM to Kayal.

That should do it.

mccraque

Feb 24, 2009
I thought Bridcutt was a good player. An important cog in the wheel we played at the time. But I remember thinking, in his return to the side "actually.., this ince lad can do the defensive midfield shit just as well".

When he went, there wasn't a massive hole in the team. He did his job well but was quite replaceable. And we
Got good money for him. So yes... He was a bit of a tool in how he went about engineering his exit - but ultimately I don't really care, or feel too negatively about him.

Kayal and Stephens? With Crofts waiting in the wings? Or some player that's been found out at the level to which we aspire?

Hmmm...

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Stony indifference is my intention. Somebody who played such a vital role in our promotion campaign and a play off run might justifiably expect an adoring reception from his former supporters. However, he let himself down badly in the last few months he was here, and therefore I plan to greet his return with moody, unappreciative silence.

I get why some would wish to boo him, but I always tend to feel that booing opponents can have an annoyingly motivational effect on them (well unless they're complete fannies like Daniel Harding). So I feel that crushing indifference is the correct impression to give him on the night.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
I loved Liam as a player but have no respect at all for him after the way he left. I hope he has a crap return to the amex

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
When was the last time he scored......? Please let's not have a Dobbie moment...

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
From my lofty ideal in the Upper East I don't recognise our own players let alone the oppositions :ohmy:

A lot of this is due to :drink: :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here