Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt on Monday Night - Applaud or Boo ? - Discuss

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I'll be booing, just like I'll be booing the rest of his team and fans! Boooo

veuve

Jun 27, 2015
Treat him like an ex girlfriend,you had some great times together and treasure the memorys you have, however the break up was painfull.I ignore my x,s but it would be fun booing them.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
If I was anywhere near the Amex on Monday I'd be enthusiastically applauding him. Twice player-of-the-year? That matters. If the club had been halfway fair with him he'd still be a legend.

Zamora and Bridcutt are the last two players to win player-of the year for us in successive seasons

BZ gave us three full seasons, wanted to go the premier league and we didn't stand in his way, let him leave in the summer to Spurs. Club legend.

Bridcutt gave us three full seasons, wanted to go to the premier league to which we promised we'd sell him but we kept him for another half a season during which time he played well, then kept standing in his way during the winter transfer window presumably out of reluctance to sell to Sunderland and Poyet, eventually letting him go once he put a sulk on.

I'm sure if we'd done the decent thing and let him go in the summer then we'd be talking about him in hugely glowing terms. The club didn't stand in the way of Ulloa or Bennett or Zamora or many others but took a hard line on Bridcutt.

I have to say, KG, that this post is complete and utter poppycock.

When did Albion ever "promise to sell" Bridcutt to a Premier League team?

The only offer we had for Bridcutt in the summer of 2013 was an offer of 1.75million from Crystal Palace on Sep 1, the day before the transfer deadline. Forest also made an enquiry but didn't make a firm offer.

Bridcutt had played in the opening game of the season against Leeds on August 3 2013 but then missed the next 3 months after aggravating a pubic bone injury. He didn't start another match until December 3 2013.

He finally got his move when Sunderland made an offer which matched Albion's valuation (and has resulted in a fee being paid that is more than twice Palace's earlier offer).

Maybe you could fact-check your fantastical theories in future?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I disagree, I think his consistency with us was remarkable almost Horton like, kayal and Stephens have some way to go to match him.

And I disagree with you! Bridcutt was superb in Gus Poyet's very limiting role protecting the back four, but very rarely ventured over the half way line, in fact he only scored 7 goals in over 3 seasons with us.

Great at what he did, yes, but I think both Kayal and Stephens are better all round midfield players.

D

Deleted member 2719

And I disagree with you! Bridcutt was superb in Gus Poyet's very limiting role protecting the back four, but very rarely ventured over the half way line, in fact he only scored 7 goals in over 3 seasons with us.

Great at what he did, yes, but I think both Kayal and Stephens are better all round midfield players.
I never said bridcutt was better attacking midfielder, all I said was he is more consistent than beram and dale. I cannot think of any midfielder being that good on a regular basis for years he ruled the centre of the park while we had him and was always the first under the ball, he reads the game so well and feeds the wingers all game. I just hope he flops Monday.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Boooooooooooooooooooo, the horrible, arrogant little c***.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I have to say, KG, that this post is complete and utter poppycock.

When did Albion ever "promise to sell" Bridcutt to a Premier League team?

The only offer we had for Bridcutt in the summer of 2013 was an offer of 1.75million from Crystal Palace on Sep 1, the day before the transfer deadline. Forest also made an enquiry but didn't make a firm offer.

Bridcutt had played in the opening game of the season against Leeds on August 3 2013 but then missed the next 3 months after aggravating a pubic bone injury. He didn't start another match until December 3 2013.

He finally got his move when Sunderland made an offer which matched Albion's valuation (and has resulted in a fee being paid that is more than twice Palace's earlier offer).

Maybe you could fact-check your fantastical theories in future?

Well, it was all hearsay and conjecture at the time and maybe our recollections differ. Certainly the club is on record as not standing in the way of a players move up the leagues. Regardless the point was more that other players asked for moves, got them, and are still treated very fondly, whereas Bridcutt was almost denied his move resulting in him not being in the right frame of mind as Jones said, although it was true that Bridcutt himself never said anything in public.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
I don't especially care but I'm more intrigued whether he'll say anything in the press if asked about it (pretty standard for returning players you'd think). What annoyed me most about the Bridcutt and Buckley sales is the way Gus banned them from saying anything, no "thanks to the fans and the club I've enjoyed my time here". No nothing just silence. Even Murray went out with a farewell statement for goodness sake!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I don't think Bridcutt ever got his 'leaving video' on seagulls.co.uk did he ?

Some excuse about them being 'difficult to do for defensive midfielders' :jester:

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Well, it was all hearsay and conjecture at the time and maybe our recollections differ. Certainly the club is on record as not standing in the way of a players move up the leagues. Regardless the point was more that other players asked for moves, got them, and are still treated very fondly, whereas Bridcutt was almost denied his move resulting in him not being in the right frame of mind as Jones said, although it was true that Bridcutt himself never said anything in public.

Bridcutt didn't need to say anything in public.

I just couldn't work out why he kept playing so shittily for us until the penny dropped when we found out that he was off.

I'm not worried about players like Bennett who always put in a good shift or even Murray, who left because Poyet was stupid enough to prefer CMS but I can't respect a player who pulled on the stripes time after time and let the team and the fans down by not trying and thereby affecting the outcome of games.

I won't boo any ex-Albion player but I certainly won't applaud him.

Scunner

Feb 26, 2012
Near Heathfield
Bridcutt will certainly get applauded by me. In my view Bloom knew it was a done deal and just held out for more money, thus pissing LB and GP off royally. Yes one could say that he should still have been giving 100%, but that would naive and unrealistic. There is no doubt in my mind that he was POTS deservedly for two seasons running and this and his tireless commitment at all other times is worthy of a pre-match clap. After the whistle goes it's game on...but no booing please...

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
Bridcutt will certainly get applauded by me. In my view Bloom knew it was a done deal and just held out for more money, thus pissing LB and GP off royally. Yes one could say that he should still have been giving 100%, but that would naive and unrealistic. There is no doubt in my mind that he was POTS deservedly for two seasons running and this and his tireless commitment at all other times is worthy of a pre-match clap. After the whistle goes it's game on...but no booing please...
In your view.......meaning nothing apart from an opinion. He treated the club with utter contempt in the way he dealt with the whole situation. **** him. He won't even raise a wankers wave from me because of that.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Leeds Match page v Boro 0-0

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/959167/Live/England-Championship-2015-2016-Leeds-Middlesbrough

Bridcutt had 8.2% possession, 85 touches and not a single one in either penalty area. 73 passes, 3 times lost possession, 1 dribble, 3 tackles, interceptions 3, blocks 2 , aerial 1. Not a Box2box midfielder, a not going into the box midfielder.

I expect I will LOL when he is pressurised and cocks it up and be silently complimentary if he comes out with encounters with the ball. Leeds played 4-2-3-1 against Boro so against two sitting midfielders it is not so easy to pass around him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here