Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt "not focused enough"

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
We as supporters tend to have a higher estimation of our players worth than is realisric and I would be very pleased if we coukd push a sale through for Liam for £2.8m. Other than that keep him and we all move on1 as he has been a god send to us and could be again if he knuckled down.
Bloom wants 4 million or so I have heard.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I wonder how STUPID people are going to feel when Liam does a Grabban and signs a new contract!

Why should anyone feel stupid? By Bridcutt acting like he has he's let himself, the club, the fans and his team mates down and people are fully justified in feeling cheesed off with him.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Why should anyone feel stupid? By Bridcutt acting like he has he's let himself, the club, the fans and his team mates down and people are fully justified in feeling cheesed off with him.

I feel disappointed, as I always regarded him as a model professional. If you know you are likely to be leaving your place of work, there is always the temptation to feel ' demob happy ' but you carry on working, regardless.
If he is ' not focussed ' then that tends to suggest that either his head has been turned in such a way, that he can think of nothing else but his potential new employer and wage increase or that he is thoroughly confused, unsure and unsettled and as such, cannot concentrate on anything.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Worker: morning boss, I'm just not feeling focused at the moment so I thought I might just take 4-6 weeks off, paid leave of course.

Boss: you're fired. Or you can just get back to work. Your call?

---------

Personally, I don't think he's unfocused at all. He probably wants to play. He also wants to play in the Premier league. The club want him to play. They also don't want to risk injuring an asset if a decent offer comes in. All that's pretty obvious.

That said, I'd play him. I'd have told the lad that if he wants to play for Sunderland then the best thing he could do was get on that pitch and win the MOM award every week. Motivate him to show Sunderland what they should want to increase their offer for. I wouldn't hide him.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Worker: morning boss, I'm just not feeling focused at the moment so I thought I might just take 4-6 weeks off, paid leave of course.

Boss: you're fired. Or you can just get back to work. Your call?

---------

Personally, I don't think he's unfocused at all. He probably wants to play. He also wants to play in the Premier league. The club want him to play. They also don't want to risk injuring an asset if a decent offer comes in. All that's pretty obvious.

That said, I'd play him. I'd have told the lad that if he wants to play for Sunderland then the best thing he could do was get on that pitch and win the MOM award every week. Motivate him to show Sunderland what they should want to increase their offer for. I wouldn't hide him.
Whilst I agree with you about playing him, your analogy doesn't work, or else we'd kick Liam out of the club when he's a valuable asset.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Whilst I agree with you about playing him, your analogy doesn't work, or else we'd kick Liam out of the club when he's a valuable asset.

The analogy works in showing how out of touch footballers are with the real world.

I'd kick him up the backside.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I think if he wanted him to stay and this was vaguely likely, he'd be playing or at least have him on the bench.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I really don't get this vitriol towards Bridcutt. Nobody would begrudge him the chance to play in the Prem. He has had to consider whether to take that opportunity or remain with us. If that was an easy decision either way I doubt it would have affected his concentration. The analogy with others being demob happy once you handed in your notice is right. I've know many people that once they handed their boss the letter, their notice period is noticeably less productive. They still come to work, do the hours etc but not with the same focus. It's not a case of all or nothing as some suggest, there is a grey area. If Bridcutt was not focused enough and was played and subsequently made a mistake that cost a goal imagine the binfest on here.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Your boss doesn't buy & sell workers. He might kick you back.:ohmy:

The other main difference is that the vast majority of people are not on short term contracts. In football, a transfer to a Prem team for a 3 yr contract could be the one that gives you financial security for life!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I really don't get this vitriol towards Bridcutt. Nobody would begrudge him the chance to play in the Prem. He has had to consider whether to take that opportunity or remain with us. If that was an easy decision either way I doubt it would have affected his concentration. The analogy with others being demob happy once you handed in your notice is right. I've know many people that once they handed their boss the letter, their notice period is noticeably less productive. They still come to work, do the hours etc but not with the same focus. It's not a case of all or nothing as some suggest, there is a grey area. If Bridcutt was not focused enough and was played and subsequently made a mistake that cost a goal imagine the binfest on here.

What you call vitriol I'd call genuine disappointment, well from my perspective anyway. We have needed him since Crofts got injured and I would have hoped he'd be man enough to step up to the plate. He hasn't, that is a big disappointment to me.

I don't begrudge him a move but until it happens he is still a Brighton player, he is letting the club and his team mates down imo (although I know Orlandi doesn't agree on that front)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here