Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt "not focused enough"

Maybe if he focussed a bit more, he might contemplate that if/when Sunderland get relegated, the manager will more than likely bugger off in the Summer and the player will be stuck in the Championship and stuck in the North East, possibly missing out on playing in the Premier League with the Albion. If he was even a little bit smart, he'd hang around for a couple more months and see how the rest of the season pans out shirley.

OK, blue tinted glasses off, who do you think is more likely to be in the Prem in 2014/15, us or Sunderland?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
OK, blue tinted glasses off, who do you think is more likely to be in the Prem in 2014/15, us or Sunderland?

To be absolutely honest, Sunderland. The bottom end of that table is so weak that if you can somehow string two wins together, you find yourself mid-table. Also the current Albion side is patently weaker than last season's and would be absolutely slaughtered in the Premier League. (can I put my my blue tinted glasses back on now?)

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
The quotes from Oscar and Orlandi both say we need this sorting out asap. That can only be done by him going or signing a new long term contract and I really hope that which ever one it is it is done on Monday. If he goes then I also hope that we have the targets ready to sign and that we get them in immediately - not that we need to, just because it will make me feel better.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
But there is no suggestion he didn't turn up for work, (or chose not to play) - he wasn't selected - OG could have selected him to play if he'd wanted to.

Some of the hyperbole on this thread is ridiculous.

Those who are trying to make comparisons of Bridcutt's attitude to their own jobs need to ask themselves how they'd feel if their employer was publicly negotiating with a competitor to sell their services - I'd guess they'd tell their boss they wanted to leave and if this was refused wouldn't be in a 'frame of mind' to put in a 100% effort.

Such employees are often put on what's called 'gardening leave' which seems quite similar to what's going on with Bridcutt at the moment.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
The quotes from Oscar and Orlandi both say we need this sorting out asap. That can only be done by him going or signing a new long term contract and I really hope that which ever one it is it is done on Monday. If he goes then I also hope that we have the targets ready to sign and that we get them in immediately - not that we need to, just because it will make me feel better.

But he cant go until Sunderand meet Tony Blooms valuation.
They have 12 more days to meet that valuation, or he stays a Brighton player

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Or maybe Sunderland won't come back in for him. It's all gone quiet since their original offer was refused and his transfer request turned down.

He'll end up with a bit of egg on his face if the transfer window closes with no more offers for him.

He's been a great player for us but I must say I'm a bit miffed at him carrying on like this when he knows full well that Crofts is out for rest of the season. We need him to man up and carry on playing to the best of his ability until such time that a move happens.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
NJ: How are you feeling Liam?
LB: To be honest, Nathan, I feel a little unsettled by everything that is going on.

HANG HIM.

If only Liam was a Man United player

DM : How are you feeling Liam ?
LB: Not too good gaffer , I'm a little bit pissed off at the moment
DM : That's alright mate we'll pay for a weeks family holiday in the US and say it is part of a recuperation package.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Or maybe Sunderland won't come back in for him. It's all gone quiet since their original offer was refused and his transfer request turned down.

He'll end up with a bit of egg on his face if the transfer window closes with no more offers for him.

He's been a great player for us but I must say I'm a bit miffed at him carrying on like this when he knows full well that Crofts is out for rest of the season. We need him to man up and carry on playing to the best of his ability until such time that a move happens.

As unfortunately will the club as they see his value plummet

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I would take £3.5m for Bridcut and Buckley tomorrow.

Any players that Poyet wants we should let him have, and in hindsight his first offer was probably a fair one considering no one esle has made a bid.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would take £3.5m for Bridcut and Buckley tomorrow.

Any players that Poyet wants we should let him have, and in hindsight his first offer was probably a fair one considering no one esle has made a bid.

We as supporters tend to have a higher estimation of our players worth than is realisric and I would be very pleased if we coukd push a sale through for Liam for £2.8m. Other than that keep him and we all move on1 as he has been a god send to us and could be again if he knuckled down.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
We as supporters tend to have a higher estimation of our players worth than is realisric and I would be very pleased if we coukd push a sale through for Liam for £2.8m. Other than that keep him and we all move on1 as he has been a god send to us and could be again if he knuckled down.

I think it’s best to cut his umbilical cord his job is done here and we can invest in some players without the Poyet baggage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here