Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt Close to Signing for Sunderland? (Sky Sports News)

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
With due respect you haven't a clue what his agent is doing and who he is and is not touting his client to. The only reason we are aware of Sunderland is because of leaks to journos who print stories to sell papers. Neither Sunderland nor BHA have announced anything officially. As for keeping quiet, these stories sell papers because there are thousands of fans unlike you or me that thrive on transfer gossip.

I know his agent is not playing him off against other clubs.

The only reason why we are aware of the leaks is because Gus has leaked them. We have had "Gus after Bridcutt", "Gus wants Buckley and Bridcutt for £3m", "An offer of £2m", "Closing in on a deal for £2.5m", "Hope to sign him before the Man U game", Hope to get him by Wednesday" headlines for the past couple of weeks.

I like the way Cardiff signed Noone which was handled confidentially, respectfully and without fuss.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I know his agent is not playing him off against other clubs.

The only reason why we are aware of the leaks is because Gus has leaked them. We have had "Gus after Bridcutt", "Gus wants Buckley and Bridcutt for £3m", "An offer of £2m", "Closing in on a deal for £2.5m", "Hope to sign him before the Man U game", Hope to get him by Wednesday" headlines for the past couple of weeks.

I like the way Cardiff signed Noone which was handled confidentially, respectfully and without fuss.

With respect, Gus hasn't leaked anything. De Fanti is doing the negotiating. Have you seen any direct quote or interview where Gus has mentioned Brighton or players? It is also possible, that Liam actually prefers playing for Gus. I know that sounds impossible to some, but it might just be true.

The bitterness from some of our fans is laughable. A lot of managers like previous players and will try to sign them at their new clubs. Micky Adams did it when he came to us.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What posturing? Sunderland have said what about Bridcutt? We have said....nothing either. So much posturing going on there.
I think what you mean is that you hate all the pant wetting a speculation and putting 2+2 together by journalists and supporters in the transfer window.

But it's not idle speculation. A number of separate media sources - each with their own contacts at Sunderland and the Albion - are all saying the clubs are in advanced talks. This suggests to me it is just about the money. Sunderland want to pay X and we want Y. The problem is there's always brinkmanship, which is why half the deals go through in the final 24 hours.

Getting £3 million on 31st January 2014 and not being able to spend it is no good to Bloom. My fear is the Nottingham Forests, Wigans and Readings of this world will gamble, totally ignoring FFP, and spunk millions in the race for the Prem, leaving us whiter than white but high and dry.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
With due respect, you have no idea what the club have said to Bridcutt.
I never said otherwise, what's that got to do with anything? Sym asked if Bridcutt had asked to leave, and you said he didn't need to, as the agent would deal with it. I'm simply pointing out that you're wrong, clubs do need to speak to their players about their intentions.

Also to say that BHA 'don't mind him going' is a bit disingenuous as you have not been party to conversations.
I didn't say that. I said that an agent could say that. We're discussing what can happen (and therefore the importance of a club telling a player their position), I wasn't saying what has or hasn't been said.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
I still think Bridcutt leaving is very much in the clubs hands.However IMO Barnes,or any other out of contract player is a real issue.Bloom i am sure will not let our best players leave on a free once their contract is up

modulate

Nov 23, 2013
There was definitely a piece a week or so ago in one of the tabloids in which Gus said he knew how we done business and had no qualms about going after our players so not just Di Fanti leaking it at all

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
On the SkySports website, story about the future of Sunderland's defensive midfielder Cabral. Making way for Bridcutt?:

16:58

Further to the earlier rumours concerning Cabral's future, Sky Sports understands that the Sunderland midfielder is on the verge of a loan move to Genoa. Several Serie A clubs have been linked with Cabral, but he has been given permission to discuss a deal with Genoa.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Re transfers - since when do you get direct quotes about players under contract for other teams? If Bridcutt is still with us after the window closes I'll be amazed.

modulate

Nov 23, 2013
Don't have the paper to hand and on phone. Fairly sure would have been an interview in the Sun but not got access to website to find it

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Don't have the paper to hand and on phone. Fairly sure would have been an interview in the Sun but not got access to website to find it

Very often these articles are written to sound like the person has made a direct quote when there is nothing to substantiate it.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Bridcutt is as good as gone and I doubt he will be the only big gun we lose...It's who we replace them with that will seal our fate this season, not if they leave or not. I'd gladly lose Buckley if we could land Conway. Let's face it Buckley is unplayable on his day, but he just doesn't have enough days. Bridcutt has already been replaced in a way in the shape of Ince/Andrews....and if we lost another BIG player, it would really depend on who we replaced them with...I'm sure whoever, if anyone leaves the powers that be will have it covered.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here