Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brian McDermott and Chris Hughton are still available . . .

Maximus

Jul 24, 2007
Brighton
Was in the corporate suite tonight and saw Eddie Howe at half time scouting for the weekend.

Maybe more interestingly, Chris Hughton walked past to his seat, followed 30 seconds by Tony Bloom. I'm sure there's nothing in it barre coincidence, however thought I'd share.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Was in the corporate suite tonight and saw Eddie Howe at half time scouting for the weekend.

Maybe more interestingly, Chris Hughton walked past to his seat, followed 30 seconds by Tony Bloom. I'm sure there's nothing in it barre coincidence, however thought I'd share.
Yeah? Not the Chris Hughton who played for Spurs and still goes to White Hart Lane anyway, by chance?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
He would be my choice too. Benn out of work for a while now, and by all reports very keen to get back, we may not have to break the bank to get him.

Seriously though Tony, come Saturday night, and after heavy defeats against Spurs and Bournemouth, what are you going to do? Action needs to be taken before it's too late to rectify it.

He has gambled in making the three managerial appointments he has made. None of them have had any experience in this country at this level. He got lucky with Gus and Oscar, they both did comparatively good jobs. This time though, it just hasn't worked out.

Tony seems to like the glamour/high profile player appointment. Gus Uruguay international, years at Chelsea/Spurs. Garcia Barcelona player, Hyypia Liverpool legend, Finnish International...... all are a lot more glamourous on paper with their high profile playing careers than a Brian McDermott, Chris Hughton even a Billy Davies, but not one already had the specific proven experience of succeess at this level.

Maybe its the gambler in bloom? its his club and his right, but i hope next time we end up with experience.

cant stand Billy Davies but right now i'd take him

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Tony seems to like the glamour/high profile player appointment. Gus Uruguay international, years at Chelsea/Spurs. Garcia Barcelona player, Hyypia Liverpool legend, Finnish International...... all are a lot more glamourous on paper with their high profile playing careers than a Brian McDermott, Chris Hughton even a Billy Davies, but not one already had the specific proven experience of succeess at this level.

Maybe its the gambler in bloom? its his club and his right, but i hope next time we end up with experience.

cant stand Billy Davies but right now i'd take him

No matter how low we go I would never want Billy Davies near the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here