Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
WZ is a very knowledgable individual who will still be “proving” us brexiteers wrong in 5 years from now, I wish him well, I couldn’t ever expect to to gain anything from arguing with someone who is right, will you still be living in CZ in 5 years out of interest?

Still avoiding :lol:

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
It does make me chuckle, when I pop on here and see that one (or more) of the troll squad have posted what they think is something fabulously positive about Brexit, yet as is usually the case, it gets dismantled in front of their very eyes, and the accompanying smug grin (and probable boner) disappear.
Of course, that's followed by the refusal to address any questions or criticisms about it and they either run away or post the usual drivel and pretend it never happened.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
It does make me chuckle, when I pop on here and see that one (or more) of the troll squad have posted what they think is something fabulously positive about Brexit, yet as is usually the case, it gets dismantled in front of their very eyes, and the accompanying smug grin (and probable boner) disappear.
Of course, that's followed by the refusal to address any questions or criticisms about it and they either run away or post the usual drivel and pretend it never happened.

Yawn, it amuses me that unlike some of the more mature intelligent remain folk who post on this thread you bring nothing but a running commentary of the exchanges, almost like hiding behind the big boys and shouting insults [emoji23]

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Yawn, it amuses me that unlike some of the more mature intelligent remain folk who post on this thread you bring nothing but a running commentary of the exchanges, almost like hiding behind the big boys and shouting insults [emoji23]

how would you describe your contributions? not a great deal other than sarcasm

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit

At least I make a point of reading stuff first, thus avoiding looking like an utter tit, by posting congratulatory comments to a fellow troll squaddie at any given opportunity. :dunce: :lolol:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
how would you describe your contributions? not a great deal other than sarcasm

Well this was my summary the last time I was asked to sum up Chicken run's contribution to the Brexit debate and nothing has really changed.

And having seen the post above, case rests m'lud :lolol:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
At least I make a point of reading stuff first, thus avoiding looking like an utter tit, by posting congratulatory comments to a fellow troll squaddie at any given opportunity. :dunce: :lolol:

Just feeling like they're are getting desperate.

Anything that isn't a catastrophe is somehow paraded as a Brexit benefit. Its a long way from sunny uplands, Brexit boom, Brexit dividends, only upside and no downside, easiest deal in history, German car industry will come running etc..

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Well this was my summary the last time I was asked to sum up Chicken run's contribution to the Brexit debate and nothing has really changed.

And having seen the post above, case rests m'lud :lolol:

I’ve already conceded that my posts are sarcastic, that horse has already bolted, don’t be like them and be the one following up[emoji6]

Btw knowing your illustrious career in finance and investment did you know any of the NatWest 3? I have asked before but you didn’t get back to me, I guess it depends on who’s actually logged onto the WZ account as to what sort of answer I get[emoji6]

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I’ve already conceded that my posts are sarcastic, that horse has already bolted, don’t be like them and be the one following up[emoji6]

Btw knowing your illustrious career in finance and investment did you know any of the NatWest 3? I have asked before but you didn’t get back to me, I guess it depends on who’s actually logged onto the WZ account as to what sort of answer I get[emoji6]

JCFG posted a link to a story that he had originally found on Guido Fawkes site https://order-order.com/2021/02/16/c...ack-to-normal/ that he obviously either hadn't read or understood. It was pointed out that it wasn't what he thought it was, but you'd already thanked him for the post, which you now claim to have read but not understood until I explained it. Whilst throughout, JCFG's alter ego POTG? was furiously giving thumbs up :facepalm:

You've then spent the morning digging an ever increasing hole (similar to what you did on HT's 1901 thread this morning). I'm sorry but it's not sarcasm, or any other form of humour, it's just simple idiocy :shrug:

Blah blah blah , btw OT I know but do you know any of the ‘NatWest 5’?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I did wonder what the hell you were on about, and no I didn't.

If you're going to make more posts on this thread do try and make them Brexit related (you are an adult after all) or it's just embarrassing for everyone concerned. Hope this helps :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Just feeling like they're are getting desperate.

Anything that isn't a catastrophe is somehow paraded as a Brexit benefit. Its a long way from sunny uplands, Brexit boom, Brexit dividends, only upside and no downside, easiest deal in history, German car industry will come running etc..

I think we passed that stage a long time ago, now it's just gallows humour with some who still cling to the carcass of Brexit claiming disengenously is was all about sovereignty after all, because it is undefined and cannot be measured

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
It would be nice to do a proper national poll on whether the Broken Brexit deal we have needs fixing.

Perhaps a referendum on joining the EEA and also creating a sort of Customs Union with the EU ?

Perhaps Broken Brexit can be salvaged if it is re-enginered.

:fishing:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It would be nice to do a proper national poll on whether the Broken Brexit deal we have needs fixing.

Perhaps a referendum on joining the EEA and also creating a sort of Customs Union with the EU ?

Perhaps Broken Brexit can be salvaged if it is re-enginered.

:fishing:

The real issue is how can it be fixed :shrug:

Amongst the most major problems right now is that Northern Ireland don't want the NI protocol, the fishing industry don't want the fishing deal, exporters don't want the new export regulations, Financial services didn't want 'no deal' which is what they have got. And we still have the issues of the new regulations which are due beginning of April (which will make the NI situation far worse) and the July introduction of Import regulations which, if the effects are anything like the new export regulations, could lead to shortages of various goods in the UK. (And the various Customs and ports are starting to say they won't be ready for it).

All of these things are the result of the actual negotiated details of the deal done and as far as I can see, not up for any type of renegotiation. The NI protocol was Johnson's widely lauded 'solution' to the Brexit Irish border problem, so we can hardly claim it's a problem when it was the UK's suggested solution. The original idea was that the two year 'Implementation period' would allow for these things to be checked, put in place and amended as required, but that got completely lost amongst the various negotiation tactics.

Whether a renegotiation of all of these things can be undertaken in the next couple of years is, I think, extremely doubtful. It was always the case that the thinner the deal the greater the economic impact and I can't believe anyone would be stupid enough to argue otherwise. Obviously, I would think that EEA or a Customs Union renegotiation would address quite a few of these issues, but then you start getting to the point of working within the rules and regulations of the EU but without any input to them, which for an economy the size of Britain's isn't any sort of long term answer.

Also the Financial Service market isn't going to hang about to see what happens. They are already pushing for large scale de-regulation to try and compete and make back the lost business from Singapore and other low regulation countries. And once that happens, I can't see us doing anything with the EU on services again.

I think the bottom line is that we are f***ed, certainly in the short and medium term and there's not much that can be done about it. I've made sure that my family are as insulated from what's coming and advise others to do the same. My real sympathies lie with those who saw this coming, tried to do everything to stop it happening and are now in the direct firing line of it, and I think the number of people who fall into that category is frighteningly large :down:

I'd be genuinely interested if anyone has any idea of solutions to any aspect of these issues now being faced by various businesses and industries on a daily basis ???

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Sadly even if you have people on ignore their posts are still shown ( if it is the last post on a thread ) in the Tapatalk Unread feed. Infuriating !

I can't wait until the new version of NSC and being spared from the constant drivel of 4 particular posters.
I'm suffering exactly the same, can't wait to be free of Tapatalk. Freedom of Speech is a wonderful thing until it is abused by the four morons on here.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
JCFG posted a link to a story that he had originally found on Guido Fawkes site https://order-order.com/2021/02/16/c...ack-to-normal/ that he obviously either hadn't read or understood. It was pointed out that it wasn't what he thought it was, but you'd already thanked him for the post, which you now claim to have read but not understood until I explained it. Whilst throughout, JCFG's alter ego POTG? was furiously giving thumbs up :facepalm:

You've then spent the morning digging an ever increasing hole (similar to what you did on HT's 1901 thread this morning). I'm sorry but it's not sarcasm, or any other form of humour, it's just simple idiocy :shrug:

I did wonder what the hell you were on about, and no I didn't.

If you're going to make more posts on this thread do try and make them Brexit related (you are an adult after all) or it's just embarrassing for everyone concerned. Hope this helps :thumbsup:

Meanwhile you’ve spent the morning (well I say you, not sure whose on duty) on here happy to respond to apparent idiots [emoji2357]

Anyway back on topic, you, whoever else is using the WZ account and all your cohort can continue to post Brexit bad news till your blue in the face , in five years will still won’t be part of the EU and I’d hope you would have given up whining by then [emoji6]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here