Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

I do wonder if Juncker is a Kremlin stooge trying to wreck the EU from the inside.
Not far from the truth. It sound like the Czechs are trying to rally the eastern block countries to call for his removal.
I predict he will shuffle off due to "ill health" within the next 2 weeks.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 2719

He needs these words to calm the market otherwise if they continue to go down he would have take action which none of us would like. Well done George

Exactly my point there is a way of dealing with all situations, whether you like them or not, well done George.

With their hands and fingers just as everyone else.

:clap2:

I wonder if you will still be this cocky in a couple of years time?

It's not about being cocky.

Like it or not we have decided democratically to leave the EU.

So sulk for a day or two fair enough. But for the people who are calling for another referendum are just not helping at all and lets face it, it's pathetic.

Adapt, roll your sleeves up if needed, but just get on with it.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
No 'technically' about it.

The question we voted on was absolutely whether we stay in or leave the EU.

Nothing else. Details are for negotiation.

i agree with this lady(a first?).

This whole thread is rubbish.

Full of economic illiterate babble, Bojo conspiracy theories. and an underhand "The leavers were hoodwinked so lets have another referendum".

We leave, we then control the scale of immigration/population. Nobody needs to be thrown out, its not a berlin wall.

FFS get a grip!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
EU-lite!

The way to unify the country is to ensure no one is happy. 48% remain are unhappy and being out. 52% are unhappy at not being properly out. #unhappytogether

Back to normal then :) only now they can't pretend they don't know people are unhappy.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
i agree with this lady(a first?).

This whole thread is rubbish.

Full of economic illiterate babble, Bojo conspiracy theories. and an underhand "The leavers were hoodwinked so lets have another referendum".

We leave, we then control the scale of immigration/population. Nobody needs to be thrown out, its not a berlin wall.

FFS get a grip!

It is nothing to do with this thread, the leader of the Leave campaign, the likely new leader of the government, stated in the Telegraph that free trade, free movement, and most of what we have with the EU will remain.

That isn't remainers, that is the leader of the Leave campaign.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Will much change?

In terms of our actual arrangements with The EU, probably not a lot. We'll just end up with a few powers and laws, that nobody's really interested in, going to Westminster from Brussels. Everybody loves The House of Lords. They must do, otherwise they wouldn't have voted 'leave' to get their sovereignty back.

As for the break up of The UK, a country permanently divided, being able to hurl xenophobic abuse, self inflicted economic damage, getting kicked off the UN security council and becoming an even bigger international joke then we already, I'm sure it was worth it.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Looks like you are correct:

In his first words since accepting the result of the EU referendum on Friday, Mr Johnson wrote that "the only change" would be to free the UK from the EU's "extraordinary and opaque" law, which "will not come in any great rush".
'Single market access'

His column said: "I cannot stress too much that Britain is part of Europe, and always will be.

"There will still be intense and intensifying European co-operation and partnership in a huge number of fields: the arts, the sciences, the universities, and on improving the environment.

"EU citizens living in this country will have their rights fully protected, and the same goes for British citizens living in the EU.

"British people will still be able to go and work in the EU; to live; to travel; to study; to buy homes and to settle down. As the German equivalent of the CBI - the BDI - has very sensibly reminded us, there will continue to be free trade, and access to the single market.

"The only change - and it will not come in any great rush - is that the UK will extricate itself from the EU's extraordinary and opaque system of legislation: the vast and growing corpus of law enacted by a European Court of Justice from which there can be no appeal.

To quote the article more fully ...

Yes, the Government will be able to take back democratic control of immigration policy, with a balanced and humane points-based system to suit the needs of business and industry.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...much-that-britain-is-part-of-europe--and-alw/

What they (Boris/Gove) pledged/promised during the campaign ....

.... by the next general election, we will create a genuine Australian-style points based immigration system. The automatic right of all EU citizens to come to live and work in the UK will end, as will EU control over vital aspects of our social security system. EU citizens will be subject to legislation made by those we elect in Westminster, not in Brussels. We could then create fairness between EU citizens and others, including those from Commonwealth countries.

Those seeking entry for work or study should be admitted on the basis of their skills without discrimination on the ground of nationality. To gain the right to work, economic migrants will have to be suitable for the job in question. For relevant jobs, we will be able to ensure that all those who come have the ability to speak good English. Such a system can be much less bureaucratic and much simpler than the existing system for non-EU citizens.

If we implement these principles, for the first time in a generation it will be possible for politicians to keep their promises on migration. If they fail, there will be no hiding behind EU rules and the European Court. The British public will be able to decide what immigration policy they want.

It is fundamentally important that immigration policy has democratic consent.

http://www.voteleavetakecontrol.org...s_based_non_discriminatory_immigration_system

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here