Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
The Kingston polling offices were closed due to flooding. Weather been shit in London :(

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
I think everyone has had enough of it all.
Little cash in their pockets, heavily in debt, demoralised. In the great British tradition of giving the suits a damn good shoeing. And **** the consequences.

The don't give a shit revolution.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

If thats how you feel how will leaving the UK's biggest trading partner help? Surely the trade deficit will increase when trade is not as free as currently

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
So you wouldn't have hedged at all?

I'm saying that a nation can't hedge , a company can, it has a defined strategy of its currency needs etc, Sterling will be, where the markets say its value is , I think yours is a very uninformed view to be frank , the Bank of England can try and support the currency , or it can sell the currency to lower its value , or it can devalue, but hedging its own currency ? Wtf ?

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Somewhere around 50% of those that voted are 'simpletons'.

You'd have to be a bit of a 'simpleton' to come out with a line like that.

1) with all the facts how can anyone vote leave. I'm genuinely baffled by it
2) probably about half the nation is uneducated and simple

Obviously my comment was an off the cuff comment in anger. You should have realised that and maybe not quoted.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
If the weather's got anything to do with voter turnout then we deserve whatever we get.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
I'm saying that a nation can't hedge , a company can, it has a defined strategy of its currency needs etc, Sterling will be, where the markets say its value is , I think yours is a very uninformed view to be frank , the Bank of England can try and support the currency , or it can sell the currency to lower its value , or it can devalue, but hedging its own currency ? Wtf ?

I want to watch the results. But if you are suggesting we could not have changed our mix of gold and foreign currency reserves in anticipation, then I believe you are wrong.

If thats how you feel how will leaving the UK's biggest trading partner help? Surely the trade deficit will increase when trade is not as free as currently
You may disagree but I believe that the EU will have to free trade with us. It will have no choice. This is not arrogance. The politicians have forgotten about the guys who work with their hands. I genuinely do not give two hoots about the consequences.

They can take my house, job but they won't take a shred of my pride.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
And you can guarantee that?
That's a weird thing to ask. It's the most logical outcome.
What additional taxes will be added to British exported goods?
If I was leading the UK, none. I'd accept a free trade agreement with the EU, nothing less. If they turned it down, the EU would collapse.

But I can't say I have full faith in those that run our country.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here